#2606 - Saturday, October 7, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2606, Saturday, October 7, 2006

      All our struggles are like the frustrated flutterings
      of a caged bird - they are useless.

      - Ramesh Balsekar

      Stop struggling! Sit back, relax, like an old man
      basking in the sun. The world will come and play at
      your feet.
      - dg, posted to DailyDharma

       .

      The true understanding comes from outside.
      It is not of the space-time dimension. There-
      fore, we can only call it Grace. Keeping your
      being open and receptive to that other dimension
      is a matter of Grace.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, from A Net of Jewels, posted to AlongTheWay

      Joy...

      Joy,
      in its form,
      most pure,
      is that which
      buoyantly exists, regardless,
      of circumstance,
      or outcome...

      In Love and Light...
      ARIAL, posted to Mystic_Spirit

      One Lasting Truth

      That awesome Beauty gives us everything.
      Whose fault is it
      if we go away empty-handed?

      Don't be disheartened
      if that Charmer is ruthless -
      Who ever saw Him acting otherwise?

      His love is sugar enough
      even when it gives no sugar.
      His beauty is promise enough
      even when it causes you
      to break your promise.

      Show me a house where His light
      does not shine.
      Show me a garden where His grace
      does not bloom.

      God was jealous of His own Face
      and so He created the splendor of morning.
      When the spirit awoke in that light, it said,
      "To grasp God's beauty, you must become God."

      The eye and the lamp are different lights
      but when they come together
      no one can tell them apart.

      What is true?
      What is false?

      The only truth I know in this world
      is my master, Shams-e Tabriz:
      The light of his Sun
      has never shone upon anything passing
      without making it eternal.

      - Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) 861, version by Jonathan Star, Rumi - In the Arms of the Beloved, posted to Sunlight

      Your true substance is concealed in falsehood,
      like the taste of butter in buttermilk.
      Your falsehood is this perishable body;
      your truth is that exalted spirit.
      For many years, this buttermilk of the body
      is visible and manifest, while the butter, which is the spirit,
      is perishing and ignored within it:
      until God sends a prophet, a chosen servant,
      a shaker of the buttermilk in the churn,
      who skillfully shakes it, so that you might know
      your true self which was hidden.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi IV: 3030-3034, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, Rumi: Jewels of Remembrance, posted to Sunlight