#2593 - Saturday September 23, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23 7:21 PM

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2593, Saturday, September 23, 2006

      Nurture the darkness of your soul
      until you become whole.
      Can you do this and not fail?
      Can you focus your life-breath until you become
      supple as a newborn child?

      While you cleanse your inner vision
      will you be found without fault?
      Can you love people and lead them
      without forcing your will on them?

      When Heaven gives and takes away
      can you be content with the outcome?
      When you understand all things
      can you step back from your own understanding?

      Giving birth and nourishing,
      making without possessing,
      expecting nothing in return.
      To grow, yet not to control:
      This is the mysterious virtue.

      - Lao Tzu, posted to DailyDharma

      Remembering your self is virtue, forgetting your
      self is sin. It all boils down to the mental
      or psychological link between the spirit and
      matter. We may call the link psyche (antahkarana).
      When the psyche is raw, undeveloped, quite primitive,
      it is subject to gross illusions. As it grows in
      breadth and sensitivity, it becomes a perfect link
      between pure matter and pure spirit and gives meaning
      to matter and expression to spirit.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj I Am That- Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      What is the root of pain? Ignorance of
      yourself. What is the root of desire?
      The urge to find yourself. All creation
      toils for its self and will not rest until
      it returns to it.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj I Am That- Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      The light which shines
      Higher than this heaven ...

      Verily, that is the Same
      Light ...

      Which is here
      Within
      a person.

      - Chandogya Upanishad 3.13.7, posted to Mystic-Spirit

      A Just-Finishing Candle

      A candle is made to become entirely flame.
      In that annihilating moment
      it has no shadow.

      It is nothing but a tongue of light
      describing a refuge.

      Look at this
      just-finishing candle stub
      as someone who is finally safe
      from virtue and vice,
      the pride and the shame
      we claim from those.

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks The Essential Rumi