#2582 - Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2006
      #2582 - Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive, Search Engine, and How to Contribute Your Writing: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      In this issue are extracts from a new book by Gilbert Schultz. Gilbert has the gift of speaking plainly about Being.

      Extract from
      "Everything is Clear and Obvious"
      by Gilbert Schultz

      One must gently navigate through the erroneous beliefs and realize
      the ineffable qualities of awareness. The habitual and dull pain of a
      false separation from wholeness and a long-standing belief system
      inhibits a clear view.

      This clouded view can be cleared away.

      Love of being ? is the bridge, which spans this erroneous separation.

      We can simply open to the warmth of our own being and stay quietly
      attentive.

      With a simple open view you may very well see clearly that you have
      never been bound and that this innate freedom is yours.

      You may also realize that this has always been the case.

      Few believe in such a possibility. It is not about belief!

      It is a ‘direct knowing’ of the fact.

      The fact of BEING.

      ‘Being’ is present tense, it is always Now!

      What is it that is shining through the mind?

      Awareness shines through the mind and illuminates all therein,
      without exception.

      ~ ~ ~

      Explanations

      The explanation of Non-Duality must enter dualistic realms of
      language. It is inevitable. The best it can do is point to the
      inexplicable. We need language just like we need the mind to make the
      ultimate investigation.

      The transcendence of the fixations with mind content is the aim of
      any true investigation, even if that is not fully appreciated at
      first. What answer could possibly come from the mind's content?

      In a certain way, you already know the answer because you are the
      answer, moment by moment. It is actually one Moment of knowing.

      The mind may make all kinds of objections about anything at all but
      the foundation of the mind is being -- is 'knowing'. You know that
      you ARE.

      Can we even separate this space of knowing into any sort of twoness?

      Could it be a boundless emptiness, which 'knows' all content without
      exception?

      Could it be that it is this stillness, which 'knows' all movement
      without exception?

      Contemplate this -- and you may see that you already know and do not
      need words.

      Knowing is instant. Words are secondary.

      In the realm of words and concepts, we appear to leave THIS immediate
      knowing and enter a realm of descriptions.

      In this psychological 'journey' of mind, you can only 'arrive back'
      at the place you have never left, which of course is now.

      This 'space of immediate knowing' has never left you.

      It is, in fact, what you are.

      ~ ~ ~

      "Everything is Clear and Obvious: An Exploration of Conscious Presence"

      by Gilbert Schultz