#2560 - Monday, August 21, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2006

      #2560 - Monday, August 21, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      All images in this issue are by Robert O' Hearn in Garden Mystics
      and feature quotes from the "Garden of Ma".

                  Life is given.
                  Nothing is earned,
                  so learn to serve others,
                  not your own desire and greed
                  and ego.  They steal your energies,
                  whereas devotion builds your strength
                  and protects the intelligent flame
                  that leads to the truth within.

                                       - Lalla
                                          14th Century North Indian mystic

      Along the Way

      95

      While practicing generosity, we should always remember
      how very fortunate we are to have this opportunity.

      -Gomo Tulku, "Becoming a Child of the Buddhas"

      94

      We humans have existed in our present form for about a hundred
      thousand years. I believe that if during this time the human mind
      had been primarily controlled by anger and hatred, our overall
      population would have decreased. But today, despite all our wars,
      we find that the human population is greater than ever. This clearly
      indicates to me that love and compassion predominate in the world.
      And this is why unpleasant events are "news"; compassionate activities
      are so much a part of daily life that they are taken for granted and,
      therefore, largely ignored.

      --His Holiness the Dalai Lama, in Compassion and the Individual
      from Everyday Mind,

      92

      Below is a "peace" quote from the abbot of the
      monastery that old woman now lives in.  My personal
      wish: may all beings drop their "weapons" whether it
      be angry words to those close to us, or bombs and guns
      from one country to another; may we all fill with
      loving-compassion for all - family, friends, and
      so-called "enemies"; may our "weapons" be transformed
      into words and actions that bring peace to the hearts
      of everyone.

      "One asks that one's presence may contribute toward
      continuous world peace, harmony, friendship, happiness,
      understanding, and goodwill;
      and that all beings be uplifted from the negative patterns
      which cause chaos."

      - Ven. Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche

      Daily Dharma

      91