#2552 - Sunday, August 13, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2006

      #2552 - Sunday, August 13, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Here you find a new German Ramana Site, which includes also English links:

      Kind Regards
      Gabriele

      To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion.
      That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening.

      -Dogen, "Actualizing the Fundamental Point"

      From "Teachings of the Buddha," edited by Jack Kornfield

      We can only watch this one breath

      The Buddha recommended that every person should remember every single day that we are not here forever. It is a guest performance, which can be finished any time. We don't know when; we have no idea. We always think that we may have seventy-five or eighty years, but who knows? If we remember our vulnerability every single day, our lives will be imbued with the understanding that each moment counts and we will not be so concerned with the future. Now is the time to grow on the spiritual path. If we remember that, we will also have a different relationship to the people around us. They too can die at any moment, and we certainly wouldn't like that to happen at a time when we are not loving towards them. When we remember that, our practice connects to this moment and meditation improves because there is urgency behind it. We need to act now. We can only watch this one breath, not the next one.

      -- Ayya Khema, When the Iron Eagle Flies

      Don’t be gazing at that mountain or river in the distance, and saying, “How shall I ever get over them?” but keep to the present little inch that is before you, and accomplish that in the little moment that belongs to it. The mountain and the river can only be passed in the same way; and when you come to them, you will come to the light and strength that belong to them.

      Wild Blue Yonder 02

      photo by Robert O'Hearn on Garden Mystics

      Emergence

      It's midsummer night.  The light is skinny;
      a thin skirt of desire skims the earth.
      Dogs bark at the musk of other dogs
      and the urge to go wild.
      I am lingering at the edge
      of a broken heart, striking relentlessly
      against the flint of hard will.
      It's coming apart.
      And everyone knows it.
      So do squash erupting in flowers
      the color of the sun.
      So does the momentum of grace
      gathering allies
      in the partying mob.
      The heart knows everything.
      I remember when there was no urge
      to cut the land or each other into pieces,
      when we knew how to think
      in beautiful.
      There is no world like the one surfacing.
      I can smell it as I pace in my square room,
      the neighbor's television
      entering my house by waves of sound
      makes me think about buying
      a new car, another kind of cigarette
      when I don't need another car
      and I don't smoke cigarettes.
      A human mind is small when thinking
      of small things.
      It is large when embracing the maker
      of walking, thinking and flying.
      If I can locate the sense beyond desire,
      I will not eat or drink
      until I stagger into the earth
      with grief.
      I will locate the point of dawning