#2539 - Saturday, July 29, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 2:38 PM

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2539, Saturday, July 29, 2006

      To what ever extent [that] mind-consciousness dives within, to that same extent will the bliss of the Self spring forth and reveal itself.

      Guru Vachaka Kovai, verse 451: To whatever extent you dive within the Heart, to that same extent you will experience the bliss that merges with you as the undivided Atma-swarupa (the real nature of one's own Self) that exists and shines with an utterly different nature [to sense enjoyments].

      Vilakkam: The bliss of swarupa (one's true nature; one's true form; the Self) will manifest to the extent that one dives into the Heart. It will be equally appropriate to say, "to the extent that suttarivu (the false consciousness that divides itself into someone who sees and objects that are seen) is diminished". Bhagavan says that even when a desired object of enjoyment is attained, bliss is experienced because the mind dives into the Heart. Therefore, as the mind abides more and more in the Heart without suttarivu, like a discriminating person who does not leave the shade, the bliss of the Self will shine of its own accord.

      - Ramana Maharshi, from Padamalai, edited by David Godman, posted to MillionPaths

      The raft across the ocean of samsara
      is the strong decision to be free.
      This intense desire is absolutely necessary.
      The intensity of this desire is itself the Satguru,
      the pain in the heart is the Self calling.

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      D.: I long for bhakti. I want more of this longing.
      Even realisation does not matter for me.
      Let me be strong in my longing.

      M.: If the longing is there, Realisation will be forced
      on you even if you do not want it. Subhechcha
      (desire for enlightenment) is the doorway for realisation.

      - Ramana Maharshi, posted to atma_vichara

      All the joy the world contains
      Has come through wishing happiness for others.
      All the misery the world contains
      Has come through wanting pleasure for oneself.

      - Shantideva, from Way of the Bodhisattva, Chapter 8, verse 129, posted to BodhisattvaTS

      The moon has become a dancer at this festival of love.
      This dance of light ... this sacred blessing
      This divine love beckons us to a world beyond ...

      that only lovers can see with their eyes of fiery passion.
      They are the chosen ones
      who have surrendered.
      Once they were particles of light
      now they are the radiant sun.

      They have left behind the world
      of defeat-full games.

      They are the privileged lovers
      who created new worlds ...

      With their eyes of fiery passion.

      - Jelahuddin Rumim posted to Mystic_Spirit

      MORNING HUMMINGBIRD

      Beloved Mother
      I am your morning hummingbird
      hovering in dreamlike winds
      around the fragrant rose
      of your radiant heart light

      Sipping the sweet white nectar of your divine love
      I am nourished and sustained
      I am ablaze with whirling galaxies
      of undivided joy

      I am drunk and swooning