#2535 - Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2006
      #2535 - Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine:
      "Live with skillful nonchalance and ceaseless concern."
      ~ Prajnaparamita Sutra ~

      Ode I. 11

            Leucon, no one’s allowed to know his fate,
            Not you, not me: don’t ask, don’t hunt for answers
            In tea leaves or palms. Be patient with whatever comes.
            This could be our last winter, it could be many
            More, pounding the Tuscan Sea on these rocks:
            Do what you must, be wise, cut your vines
            And forget about hope. Time goes running, even
            As we talk. Take the present, the future’s no one’s affair.

      ~ Horace ~
      [65-8 BC]
      (The Essential Horace, edited and translated by Burton Raffel)

      from Tao Te Ching
      The Tao has just three lessons
      restraint, compassion, and love
      These are the three treasures

      With love you can be courageous
      With compassion you can accept all things
      With restraint you can lead
      Be an advocate with love, and you will wield a great sword
      Defend the earth and all its creatures with love
      and you will be a mighty shield.

      Can you accept that even for the most vital matters
      the way of the Tao is to let events run their course?

      Puffin, and more photos by Alan Larus  http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/islands/12.htm
      People who have well-being of mind,
      even if the Buddha is not present,
      will receive Dharma from the midst of the sky, walls and trees.

      For those Bodhisattvas whose minds are pure,
      teachings and instructions will appear
      just by the wishes in their minds.

      ~The Buddha ~
      Sky Dancer to Dzogchen Practice

      Without a direct action expression of it, nonviolence, to my mind, is meaningless.
      - Mahatma Gandhi

      History of the Night

      Throughout the course of the generations
      men constructed the night.
      At first she was blindness;
      thorns raking bare feet,
      fear of wolves.
      We shall never know who forged the word
      for the interval of shadow
      dividing the two twilights;
      we shall never know in what age it came to mean
      the starry hours.
      Others created the myth.
      They made her the mother of the unruffled Fates
      that spin our destiny,
      thev sacrificed black ewes to her, and the cock
      who crows his own death.
      The Chaldeans assigned to her twelve houses;
      to Zeno, infinite words.
      She took shape from Latin hexameters
      and the terror of Pascal.
      Luis de Leon saw in her the homeland
      of his stricken soul.
      Now we feel her to be inexhuastible
      like an ancient wine
      and no one can gaze on her without vertigo
      and time has charged her with eternity.

      And to think that she wouldn't exist
      except for those fragile instruments, the eyes.

      Jorge Luis Borges

      "When the wisdom of Rigpa shines,
      a growing sense of tremendous and
      unshakable certainty and conviction
      that "this is it" rises up:

      There is nothing further to seek,
      nothing more that could possibly be hoped for.

      This certainty of the View is what has to be deepened
      through glimpse after glimpse of the nature of mind,
      and stabilized through the continuous
      discipline of meditation."

          ~Sogyal Rinpoche ~

      Sky Dancer to Dzogchen Practice