#2534 - Monday, July 24, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2006
      #2534 - Monday, July 24, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      The hardest person to wake up is the
      one who thinks he's already awake.
      --Mahatma Ghandi

      The Distracted Centipede - a Yoga Experience
      by Mina Semyon

      *Love thy neighbour as thyself.*

      'Love is letting the other be, but with concern and affection.'
      R.D. Laing

      All a sane man can ever care about is giving love.
      Hafiz

      What really makes a difference to me is whether you listen to
      me with an open heart, acknowledging that fundamentally we
      are in the same boat; that we feel empathy for each other and
      that we can meet in our aloneness and companionship. Then
      we might find joy in our hearts. We are companions on the way,
      spiritual friends who are not trying to outsmart one another by
      our wit, intellect, and 'power clothes' or prove, 'I am right and
      you are wrong'.

      If we can admit our vulnerability we can have a good laugh
      at our predicament, how precarious our existence and what
      a joke that we are trying to hide it from ourselves and each
      other, rather than getting on with whatever it is we are doing,
      simply, from the heart. Our wits would become sharper and
      what a celebration there would be if all of us humans, can you
      imagine, would just drop hanging on to our puny identities, and
      have a song and dance.

      'This is what I understand by 'love thy neighbour as thyself' ...
      to wish other people what you wish for yourself ... the gift of
      effortless being, in harmony with the laws of life, and with love
      in our hearts.

      *Ease comes from not having to pretend at all.*

      you can read more here:

      http://www.trafford.com/robots/04-0754.html
      posted to Allspirit

      In the fields of observation
      chance favors only the prepared mind.

           - Louis Pasteur

      "And I saw a man on 126th Street
      broom in hand
      sweeping eight feet of the street
      Meticulously he removed garbage and dirt
      from a tiny area
      in the midst of a huge expanse
      of garbage and dirt

      And I saw a man on 126th Street
      sorrow sat on his back
      sweeping eight feet of the street
      Wear and tear showed on his arms
      in a city
      where only crazy folk
      Find something to hope in

      And I saw a man on 126th Street
      broom in hand
      There are many ways to offer prayer
      With a broom in the hand
      is one I had hitherto
      not seen before"

      --Dorothee Soelle, Essential Writings

      see also:
      http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/books/books.php?id=15663

      Ben Hassine to Awakened Awareness

      To look at everything, trying to see what is behind
      it, to see it in its right light, requires divine illumination,
      a spiritual outlook on life.  And this outlook is attained
      by the increase of compassion.  The more compassion
      one has in one's heart, the more the world will begin to
      look different.

                                   -Hazrat Inayat Khan

      Along the Way

      Feline Dharma

      In India, I was living in a little hut, about six feet by seven feet. It had a canvas flap instead of a door. I was sitting on my bed meditating, and a cat wandered in and plopped down on my lap. I took the cat and tossed it out the door. Ten seconds later it was back on my lap. We got into a sort of dance, this cat and I. I would toss it out, and it would come back. I tossed it out because I was trying to meditate, to get enlightened. But the cat kept returning. I was getting more and more irritated, more and more annoyed with the persistence of the cat. Finally, after about a half-hour of this coming in and tossing out, I had to surrender. There was nothing else to do. There was no way to block off the door. I sat there, the cat came back in, and it got on my lap. But I did not do anything. I just let go. Thirty seconds later the cat got up and walked out. So you see, our teachers come in many forms.

      -- Joseph Goldstein in Transforming the Mind, Healing the World