#2531 - Thursday, July 20, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2531, Thursday, July 20, 2006

      There is neither creation nor destruction,
      neither destiny nor free will,
      neither path nor achievement;
      this is the final truth.

      - Ramana Maharshi, posted to AlongTheWay

      You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

      Buddha, posted to AlphaWorld

      Let a noble cry inside of you speak to me
      Saying, "Hafiz,

      Don't just sit there on the moon tonight
      Doing nothing -

      Help unfurl my heart into
      the Friend's (Spirit's) Mind.

      - Hafiz, The Subject Tonight is Love, Versions of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky, posted to Mystic_Spirit

      I Used To Want Buyers For My Words ...

      Now I wish someone would buy me away from words.

      I've made a lot of charmingly profound images,
      scenes with Abraham, and Abraham's father, Azar,
      who was also famous for icons.

      I'm so tired of what I've been doing.
      Then one image 'without form' came ...
      and I quit.

      Look for someone else to tend the shop.
      I'm out of the image-making business.

      Finally I know the freedom
      of 'madness'

      A random image arrives. I scream,
      "Get out!"
      It disintegrates.

      Only love.

      Only the holder
      the 'flag' fits into,
      and wind ...
      .. No 'flag' ...

      - Rumi - translation by Coleman Barks, posted to Mystic_Spirit

      The New Rule

      Its the old rule that drunks have to argue
      and get into fights.
      The lover is just as bad. He falls into a hole.
      But down in that hole he finds something shining,
      worth more than any amount of money or power.

      Last night the moon came dropping its clothes in the street.
      I took it as a sign to start singing,
      falling up into the bowl of sky.
      The bowl breaks. Everywhere is falling everywhere.
      Nothing else to do.

      Here's the new rule: break the wineglass,
      and fall toward the glassblower's breath.

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks, The Essential Rumi, posted to Sunlight