#2528 - Monday, July 17, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2006
      #2528 - Monday, July 17, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      If you have a reason, you don't need to shout.

      -Zen proverb

      From "The Pocket Zen Reader," edited by Thomas Cleary, 1999.

      photo by Ben Hassine

      Although human life is priceless, we always act
      as if something had an even greater price than life
      . . . . But what is that something?
      - Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
      "Night Flight" [1931], Chapter 14

      Feeling will get you closer to the truth of
      who you are than thinking.

              - Eckhart Tolle

      Lotus photos by Alan Larus

      http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/islands/from_the_pond.htm

      Meaning to get away from intellectualization
      And avoid word traps,
      I sailed across the sea to search for the
      Transmission beyond the teachings;
      Went on pilgrimages till my sandals broke
      And found water in the clear stream,
      The moon in the sky.

      - Kakua (1143-?)

      The white clouds
      On the mountain tops
      Poke halfway into this thatched hut
      I had thought too cramped
      Even for myself

      - Koho Kennichi (1241–1316)

      He waits as at dusk, bamboo walking stick in hand,
      At the headwaters of Tiger Creek,
      Leading us on as we listen to mountain echoes,
      Following the water’s way.

      Patches of wildflowers bloom.
      A solitary bird calls from the valley floor.
      We sit evening zazen in the empty forest:
      Quiet pine winds bring the scent of autumn.

      - Wang Wei (710-761)

      If you can stop your heart from its ceaseless running after whisps of the will, you will not be different from the Buddha and patriarchs. Do you want to know the Buddha? None other than the one who here and now is listening to the Dharma.

      - Rinzai (d.866)

      If you are spiritually sharp, you can open your eyes and see as soon as you hear me tell you about this. Have not people of immeasurable greatness said this truth is not comprehensible by thought, and that it is where knowledge does not reach? Were it not like this, how could it be called enlightened truth? Nowadays, however, people just present interpretations and views, making up rationalizations; they have never learned to be thus, and have never reached this state.

      - Foyan (1067-1120)