#2525 - Thursday, July 13, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2525, Thursday, July 13, 2006

      A thousand half-loves must be forsaken

      Lovers in their brief delight
      gamble both worlds away,
      a century's worth of work
      for one chance to surrender.

      Many slow growth-stages build
      to quick bursts of blossom.

      A thousand half-loves
      must be forsaken to take
      one whole heart home.

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks, Birdsong, posted to AlongTheWay

      This is now.
      Now is, all there is.

      Don't wait for Then.
      Strike the spark, light the fire.

      Sit at the Beloved's table.
      Feast with gusto, drink your fill.

      Then dance
      The way branches of jasmine and
      cypress dance in a spring wind.

      The green earth is your cloth.
      Tailor your robe with dignity and grace.

      - Rumi, posted to Mystic_Spirit

      This is It

      This is It, however improbable it may seem.

      Why? Because there is no one apart from consciousness ie Consciousness
      is all there is. This is seen by no one as the apparent seer is only
      an appearance in consciousness. The apparent self object is only
      appearance.

      In essence we are what is not appearing, in form we are the
      appearance. Either way, This is It, all is appearance in consciousness including
      the apparent self. Nothing appears without consciousness.

      This has always been It, and always is It. The story that it's
      something somewhere else is also It.

      apparently,
      Gary

      - Gary Merrill, posted to NonDualNetwork

      The Glitter of This Fantasy

      Now comes the final merging,
      Now comes everlasting beauty.
      Now comes abundant grace,
      Now comes boundless purity.

      The infinite treasure is shining,
      The mighty ocean is roaring,
      The morning of grace has come -
      Morning? - No!
      This is the eternal Light of God!

      Who occupies this beautiful form?
      Who is the ruler and the prince?
      Who is the wise man? -
      Nothing but a veil.

      The wine of love removes these veils.
      Drink with your head and your eyes -
      Both your eyes,
      and both your heads!

      Your head of clay is from the earth,
      Your pure awareness is from heaven.
      O how vast is that treasure
      which lies beneath the clay!
      Every head you see depends on it!

      Behind every atom of this world
      hides an infinite universe.

      O Saaqi, free us from the facade of this world.
      Bring wine - barrels full!
      Our eyes see too straight -
      straight past the truth!

      The Light of Truth shines from Tabriz.
      It is beyond the beyond
      yet it is here,
      shining through every particle of this world.

      - Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) 464, version by Jonathan Star, Rumi - In the Arms of the Beloved, posted to Sunlight

      A Zero-Circle

      Be helpless and dumbfounded,
      unable to say yes or no.

      Then a stretcher will come
      from grace to gather us up.

      We are too dulleyed to see the beauty.
      If we say "Yes we can," we'll be lying.

      If we say "No, we don't see it,"
      that "No" will behead us
      and shut tight our window into spirit.

      So let us not be sure of anything,
      beside ourselves, and only that, so
      miraculous beings come running to help.

      Crazed, lying in a zero-circle, mute,
      we will be saying finally,
      with tremendous eloquence, "Lead us."

      When we've totally surrendered to that beauty,
      we'll become a mighty kindness.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi IV, 3748-3754, version by Coleman Barks, Say I am You

      .

      "Angel With Lotus" by Helena Nelson-Reed, by kind permission.

      More of Helena's wonderful art can be seen at: http://www.fine-art-studios.com/intro.html