#2417 - Wednesday, July 5, 2006

  • Mark Otter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2517, Wednesday, July 5, 2006

      Are you crying because you have no control?

      What if, instead, you simply decided to laugh at
      the idea of having no control?

      Wouldn't you, then, be experiencing the dramas
      in your life very differently?

      But, then again, maybe you don't even have any
      control over making that decision either!

      In other words, you may not have any control over
      deciding that you have no control.

      - Chuck Hillig, Seeds for the Soul, posted to AlongTheWay

      Perfectionism is simply putting a limit on your future. When you have an idea of perfect in your mind, you open the door to constantly comparing what you have now with what you want. That type of self criticism is significantly deterring.

      John Eliot, Ph.D., Reverse Psychology for Success
      , posted to AlphaWorld

      Separation...

      The separation
      that we experience
      between ourselves,
      and that
      which we desire,
      is created,
      solely by
      the judgments,
      the fears,
      and,
      the myriad considerations,
      that we perpetuate,
      daily,
      in our minds,
      and,
      in our emotions...

      - Arial, posted to Poetic-Mystcism

      Conventional opinion is the ruin of our souls,
      something borrowed which we mistake as our own.
      Ignorance is better than this; clutch at madness instead.
      Always run from what seems to benefit your self:
      sip the poison and spill the water of life.
      Revile those who flatter you;
      lend both interest and principle to the poor.
      Let security go and be at home amidst dangers.
      Leave your good name behind and accept disgrace.
      I have lived with cautious thinking;
      now I'll make myself mad.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi II: 2327-2332, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, posted to Sunlight

      How very happily we live,
      free from hostility
      among those who are hostile.
      Among hostile people,
      free from hostility we dwell.

      How very happily we live,
      free from misery
      among those who are miserable.
      Among miserable people,
      free from misery we dwell.

      How very happily we live,
      free from busyness
      among those who are busy.
      Among busy people,
      free from busyness we dwell.

      How very happily we live,
      we who have nothing.
      We will feed on rapture
      like the radiant gods.

      - The Buddha, from the Dhammapada, 197-200, posted to DailyDharma