#2493 - Wednesday, June 7, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2493, Wednesday, June 7, 2006

      Didn't I Say?

      Didn't I say, "Don't go there; I am your friend.
      In this mirage of existence, I am the fountain of life."

      Even if your anger takes you a hundred thousand years away,
      in the end you will return, for I am your goal.

      Didn't I say, "Don't be content with earthly forms;
      I am the designer of the intimate chamber of your contentment."

      Didn't I say, "I am the sea, and you are a single fish;
      don't strand yourself on dry land; I am your clear sea."

      Didn't I say, "Don't get caught in the trap like a helpless bird;
      I am the power of flight - your feet and your wings."

      Didn't I say, "They will waylay you and make you cold;
      I am the fire and your warm desire."

      Didn't I say, "They will implant their qualities in you
      until you forget that the best qualities are here."

      Didn't I say, "You do not know from what direction
      your affairs are put in order."

      I am the Creator beyond directions.
      If light is in your heart, find your way home.
      If you are of God, know your Benefactor.

      - Rumi, Ghazal 1725, from the Diwan-e Shams, version by Kabir Edmund Helminski, Love is a Stranger, posted to Sunlight

      In the morning when you wake up, visualize the Buddha on the crown of
      your head and think, "How fortunate I am that so far I have not died.
      Again today I have the opportunity to practice the Dharma.

      I again have the opportunity to take the essence of this human rebirth
      which has so many freedoms and richnesses.

      The great essence to be taken from this opportunity is to practice
      bodhicitta, the mind that is dedicated to attaining enlightenment for
      the benefit of all sentient beings, by renouncing myself and
      cherishing others."

      - Lama Zopa Rinpoche, posted to DailyDharma

      There can be no Self-realized person because
      where Self-realization is, the difference between
      self and others has disappeared and along with
      it the doership and identity of the individual
      pseudo-personality.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, A Net of Jewels, posted to AlongTheWay

      You can't hide the sun with two fingers.

      - Afghan proverb, posted to AlphaWorld

      One is all - all are One.

      When you 'realize' this
      What reason for 'holiness?'
      Or 'wisdom?'

      The mind of absolute trust
      is 'beyond' all thought ...
      all striving .

      And is perfectly at peace.
      For in it .. there is ...

      no 'Yesterday' ...
      no 'Today' ...
      no 'Tomorrow' ...

      - Sent-Ts'an, translation by Stephen Mitchell, from The Enlightened Heart: An Anthology of Sacred Poetry, posted to Poetic_Mysticism

      Embracing the oneness, you become embraced.
      Supple, breathing gently, you become reborn.

      Clearing your vision, you become clear.
      Nurturing your people, you become impartial.

      Opening your heart, you become accepted.
      Accepting the World, you embrace the oneness.

      Bearing and nurturing,
      Creating but not owning,
      Giving without demanding,
      Managing without authority,
      This is love.

      Tao te Ching (10), posted to Poetic_Mysticism