#2488 - Friday, June 2, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      #2488 - Friday, June 2, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.

      --Gary Snyder

       ~ Blaise Pascal ~

      The heron, unseen for weeks, came flying wide-winged toward
      me, settled just offshore on his post, took up his vigil. If you ask
      why this cleared a fog from my spirit, I have no answer.
      --Denise Levertov

      Moses sees the bush as it actually is. . . . All that is living burns.
      This is the fundamental fact of nature. And Moses saw it with
      his own two eyes directly. That glimpse of the real world —of
      the world as it is known to God —is not a world of isolated
      things but of processes in concert. God tells Moses, "Take
      off your shoes, because the ground where you are standing
      is holy ground." He is asking Moses to experience in his own
      body what the burning bush experiences: a living connection
      between heaven and earth, the life that stretches out like taffy
      between our father the sun and our mother the earth. If you
      do not believe this, take off your shoes and stand in the grass
      or in the sand or in the dirt.
      --William Bryant Logan

      I woke up in the middle of the night and climbed out of the
      tent to make coffee. There was no sound save the wind and, in
      all that space, not one light, just a scant new moon that hung
      in the sky like a fine silk thread. The twentieth century had
      vanished. I raised my cup in a toast.
      --Richard West

      It is horrifying that we have to fight our government to save
      the environment.
      --Ansel Adams

      I used to talk about running out of things and say, "No one
      believes we’re running out of anything. I think we’re running
      out of everything. We’re running out of out." Out is where my
      parents threw their garbage. You threw the garbage out. You
      can’t throw the garbage out anymore. Out is where your children
      are going to live, where your grandchildren are going to live.
      --Willard Gaylin

      If I were to spit upon the revered black stone in Mecca during
      the height of the annual pilgrimage, I would be slain on
      the spot by enraged pilgrims for daring to profane the sacred
      symbol of Islam. An Israeli soldier’ bullet in the back would
      be my deserved fate for scrawling graffiti upon the Wailing
      Wall in Jerusalem. . . . Life would not be pleasant for me if I
      took a hammer to the Pietà in the Vatican, for we humans
      hold our creations dear, and we deal harshly with those who
      fail to share our reverence for old stone walls, meteorites,
      marble statues, icons, and architecture. . . . Yet each and
      every day, humans enter the most sacred and reverential
      cathedrals of the natural world —the redwood forests of
      northern California or the rain forests of Amazonia —and
      each and every day we profanely rape these great mysteries
      with chain saws and bulldozers.
      --Paul Watson

      Humankind —despite its artistic pretensions, its sophistication,
      and its many accomplishments —owes its existence to
      a six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.
      --Source unknown

      After you have exhausted what there is in business, politics,
      conviviality, and so on  —have found that none of these finally
      satisfy, or permanently wear —what  remains? Nature remains.
      --William Wadsworth

                                                  http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/islands/green.htm