#2487 - Thursday, June 1, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 8:56 PM

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2487, Thursday, June 1, 2006

      Observe how the mind labels an unpleasant
      moment and how this labeling process, this
      continuous sitting in judgment, creates pain
      and unhappiness.

      - Eckhart Tolle, from The Power of Now, posted to AlongTheWay

      Listen to your heart,
      move according to your heart
      whatsoever the stake.

      There is an inexpressible joy
      waiting for you deep within.

      By resting and falling
      [in harmony with our own heart,]

      we are able to connect
      and move into life

      from a space of sweetness,
      playfulness, and intelligence.

      Lau Tsu, posted to Poetic_Mysticism

      Treading along in this dreamlike, illusory world,
      Without looking for the traces I may have left;

      A cuckoo's song beckons me to return home -
      Hearing this, I tilt my head to see ...

      Who has told me to run backwards;
      But do not ask me 'where' I am heading,

      As I travel in this limitless world
      Where every step I take is my home.

      - Kannshi verse, posted to Poetic_Mysticism

      An instant realization 'sees' endless time ...
      Endless time is as one moment.

      When one comprehends the endless moment
      He 'realizes' .
      . the 'person' who is 'seeing' it.

      - Paul Reps, Zen Flesh, Zen Bones, posted to Poetic_Mysticism

      One night as I was sitting there under the full moon, I recognized that the rock that I was leaning on was me - "Oh, yeah, this is me; this rock is inside of me." Once I realized that about that rock, I saw the same was true of all the rocks in the huge field of boulders along the river’s edge. Then since the rocks were so obviously "me," the river was obviously "me" too, not just this stretch of the river but the entire Ganges from one end of India to the other. Very quickly, I saw that not just the river but the whole continent was "me." It struck me as obvious that it was all inside "me" - and then it was the whole world, and the whole solar system, the entire galaxy and universe. This kept going until the mind could not keep up. There was no longer any possibility of my mind containing all of this endless space, and yet it was all "me" in the same way that one of my limbs was "me."

      Then there was a wonderful moment when "me" included not only infinity in terms of space but "popped" to include all time. It was obviously who I had always been, and it included all the past and all the future. Then I laughed and laughed and rolled around in the gravel because it was suddenly so silly that I had imagined myself to have suffered. I had always been so free that I was even free to have this illusion of not being free. That’s how complete the freedom is. So I just laughed and laughed.

      Nirmala, from: http://www.fine-art-studios.com/intro.html