HighlightsSun5Feb

  • andrew macnab
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2000

      Upcoming events of interest:

      For all those interested in Dzogchen, a special event in Ottawa, May 2000 -

      http://www.palyul.cyberus.ca/spacetreasure/index.shtml

      metta

      joyce
      ~~~~~~

      Hello friends,

      I am writing this for two reasons. First, the organizers of this event
      have expressed their gratitude for bringing this event to more people's
      awareness (Jerry has a link on his homepage). Secondly, as I will be
      attending, I wondered if anyone else from this community will also be
      there.

      http://www.innerdirections.org/news/gathering/gathering_2000.htm

      thanks,
      Christiana

      Jerry's back:

      Dear Everyone. Welcome Newcomers.

      I have only just begun to read the Highlights since my
      computer-free vacation began 12 days ago. It's good to be
      back in your arms and, believe me, having just spent time
      with Gene, Judi, and Christiana, I know what that literally
      feels like. Our time together was magical. I hope there
      will be more such gatherings.

      I wish Petros and I had more time together. An hour lunch
      isn't enough. Petros is intense and deeply committed. He's
      gracious, personable, stylish, and crazy in a good way.

      Gene Poole is a reservoir of lessons and knowledge. His
      depth I barely came to know. He is larger than life. He is
      Gurdjieffian, graspable and mysterious at once. He is a
      world teacher who gave me new ways of perceiving. He is
      easy to be open with. One can melt into him. His fried egg
      sandwiches are to die for.

      I found Judi warm, funny and intelligent. She is quiet and
      receptive, listening carefully. Her eyes are bright and
      dance with life. What eyes! I said, upon meeting her. The
      Judi I met is nothing like the online Judi some have
      grappled with, yet I know that the online Judi comes not
      from contrivance or personality but from natural giving from
      one sister to another, or to a brother. She speaks as
      though to family, in that rough truthful way. I met Judi's
      precocious, shining, enlightened daughter Meriann, and
      Judi's son Danny and his wife Heather and the future Smiling
      Saviour, Diego Cool, their son, Judi's Grandson.

      Christiana is a loving presence. Her touch is literally
      healing. It has to be experienced. I am privileged to know
      the person behind articulate, carefully composed posts, and
      she is a person of warmth and sensitivity whom I hope all of
      you have the chance to meet.

      Thank you, Enlightened Ones.

      Now I know why people come back to the Salon after having
      been away. Coming back to the Salon and HarshaSatsangh, I
      clearly detect the presence of Self. Everyone is steeped in
      That. What places. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

      Love,
      Jerry

      Annie and Skye:

      annie: I actually think that what you say is in total
      accord with my own ideas. I do think that there is no
      choice (but only from the point of view of the body/mind
      of the Annie that is currently on this planet, through
      which awareness is being aware). What do you think?

      skye: "thru which awareness is being aware" yes, but in
      its dream of creation, all that is it did not leave its
      children at the mercy of their past fears, neurosis or
      limited belief systems unless they so choose. For a spark
      of the same freedom as "all that is" - primary awareness -
      permeates all its creations. This is the miracle of
      ourselves, personality is given the greatest gift of all,
      you get exactly what you want to get. Skye creates her own
      self determining experience from no thing, with the energy
      of that same inner Self which has granted her inherent
      freedom and responsibility for her own joys and triumphs.
      Thoughts and ideas are no more or less precious than the non
      existing Self which gave them birth, what we choose to do
      with them is up to the individual.

      There was a time when i only wanted to awaken *to* the dream
      and remain dancing within it, now i'm wondering if i am
      awakening *from* the dream for the choices appearing now
      have nothing to do with the individual.
      <snip>
      great joy to you annie
      skye

      Dave and Annie and Judi and Greg:

      It was my logical curiosity that gave me the answer to "what really is
      infinity?" and led to showing me what is THIS the fact that in the middle
      of nothingness, something perceives its being, and it's me, impressed upon an
      etheral physical world.....

      Gods on his way to showing you something right now, in all this.

      Love dave

      YES.. It was logic that has done it for me and the grace to have the ability
      to use logic and the information in front of me... the above makes a lot of
      sense to me...

      How did this happen for you? I would love to know.

      Love Annie

      ******** Excellent point guys! It is logic and absolute common sense.
      But people in their egoic fear continue to live in their hope for
      some better imaginary future rather than admit their failure
      of it all and then take an honest hard look at what their life is
      really all about and who they really are. And of course, as has been
      said
      hundreds and thousands of times in many different ways by countless
      others who have been thru it themselves, if they took their advice
      would see that their identity has been based on the falsity of seeking
      which is their misery itself. And understanding then finally dawns and
      the shift of identity to non separateness, consciousness and freedom
      itself occurs. Case closed. :-)

      --
      Happy Days,
      Judi

      Welcome to the Salon Annie!

      You mentioned several times the ability to use logic and reasoning to make
      clear what goes on, and the joy in doing so. I resonate with that, taking
      a quite similar joy in logic. It seems to me a sort of uncommon source of
      joy, but it's been there in me for as long as I remember. How about you?

      With love,

      --Greg

      James and Harsha:

      James: Glad you enjoyed the poetry! Yes indeed, I'm an initiate of Sant Mat
      (the Path of the Masters) and Surat Shabda Yoga -- meditation upon the inner
      Light and Sound of God. That's my meditation practice. My teacher was Sant
      Darshan Singh of Sawan Kirpal Ruhani Mission.

      Thank you James for sharing the poetry. Your post reminded me of Amritsar (in India),
      the city of Golden Temple and a city of saints, where I spent much time as a child.
      Amritsar is the city of birth for Sikhism. Guru Nanak was the first Sikh Guru. His
      father was a merchant. One day he asked the boy Nanak to sit in the store, while he
      did some errands. When he came back he saw that Nanak was giving away the merchandise
      free to the poor people. Naturally his father was not happy. Nanak was a great saint.
      Once he was sleeping with his feet towards the temple and the priest came out and
      shouted to him. "How dare you sleep with your feet pointed towards God!" Guru Nanak
      opened his eyes and gave a beautiful response, "Sir, please point my feet to where God
      is not!" It is said that no matter which direction the priest changed Guru Nanak's
      feet towards, there he saw the temple.

      Surat Shabad Yoga is a great practice. In classical yoga, it is known as Nada Yoga. It
      leads to Laya or absorption. Inner Light and Inner Sound are both manifestations of
      Kundalini Shakti. With sound, typically, the practice involves listening to the sound
      in the Right ear. This is why sometimes Buddha (and other Yogis) as well are seen
      lying on their right side. When the arm is under the right side, the sound is easily
      heard by those who are sensitive. The hearing of the sound indicates a predisposition
      to awakening of Shakti. If one practices certain types of Pranyama, one can constantly
      hear the inner sound during waking consciousness.

      I would like to invite you James and others to join HarshaSatsangh as well. It is a
      Joyous and diverse Fellowship where there are many Kundalini adepts and nondual sages
      with much experience and kindness to share. The conversations are usually in the
      context of mutual respect, understanding, and love. And if they are not, we make
      it so! :--). Just kidding. We are pretty open.

      I will forward this post to HarshaSatsangh as well.
      Love you all.

      Harsha

      Dan: Caveat emptor.
      Who will provide protection from the protectors?
      Who will provide salvation from the saviors?
      Who will rescue from the "ego-less" rescuers?
      Who will find a space empty from "meaning-providers"?
      -- Love --