#2466 - Monday, May 8, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2006

      #2466 - Monday, May 8, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.

             Within the prison of your world appears a man who
              tells you that the world of painful contradictions,
              which you have created, is neither continuous nor
              permanent and is based on a misapprehension.  He
              pleads with you to get out of it, by the same way
              by which you got into it.  You got into it by forgetting
              what you are and you will get out of it by knowing
              yourself as you are.

                                             - Nisargadatta Maharaj

                  ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      "I Am That"
      Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
      The Acorn Press, 1973

      posted to Along the Way

      "Consequently: he who wants to have right without
      wrong, order without disorder, does not understand
      the principles of heaven and earth.  He does not
      know how things hang together."
      - Chuang Tzu

      Ode 3079
      Rumi

                  We've come again to that knee of seacoast
                  no ocean can reach.
                  Tie together all human intellects.
                  They won't stretch to here.
                  The sky bares its neck so beautifully,
                  but gets no kiss. Only a taste.
                  This is the food that everyone wants,
                  wandering the wilderness, "Please give us
                  Your manna and quail."
                  We're here again with the Beloved.
                  This air, a shout. These meadowsounds,
                  an astonishing myth.
                  We've come into the Presence of the One
                  who was never apart from us.
                  When the waterbag is filling, you know
                  the Water-carrier's here!
                  The bag leans lovingly against Your shoulder.
                  "Without You I have no knowledge,
                  no way to touch anyone."
                  When someone chews sugarcane,
                  he's wanting this Sweetness.
                  Inside this globe the soul roars like thunder.
                  And now Silence, my strict tutor.
                  I won't try to talk about Shams.
                  Language cannot touch that Presence.

      "When the compassionate bodhicitta radiates beyond conceptions and conceptual
      states, it is known as prajnaparamita, the practice of transcendental knowledge.
      Good concentration in itself will not break through our attachment to samsara. We
      have to go deeper, in order to realize everything as a transparent display of the
      primordial truth.

      "Transcendental wisdom, the prajnaparamita, realizes all conditions as a display of
      the primordial nature, and takes us beyond acceptance and rejection, hope and
      fear, dualistic thoughts, and ego-clinging. Transcendental knowledge breaks
      through every one of those notions and reveals the vastness of great equanimity.
      The nature of this paramita is to understand phenomena clearly, seeing all beings
      as they are without distortion. To have a perfect insight into the relative, absolute,
      and unified levels of truth is the basic understanding of the prajnaparamita.

      "If you cling to the disciplines of generosity, morality, or patience, you are merely
      going from one extreme of samsara to the other. You simply create a new form of
      bondage. In order to free ourselves from this trap, we have to release all our
      ego-clinging and break through the net of dualistic conceptions. The teachings of
      the prajnaparamita help bring this about. Rather than holding on to a narrow and
      limited understanding about one aspect of the practice, we are availed of a vast,
      panoramic view. Remember, paramita means going beyond, or transcending, the
      dualistic application of these practices. This sixth paramita transforms the other
      five into their transcendental state. Only the light of transcendental knowledge
      makes this possible.

      "All the Buddha's teachings contain prajnaparamita wisdom, from the doctrine of
      the Theravada school all the way to Dzogchen, the ultimate form of transcendental
      wisdom practiced in the Vajrayana. This supreme, nondual cognition is the only way
      to bring about total enlightenment or buddhahood.

      "Guru Padmasambhava taught that the mind of love, compassion, and wisdom is
      identical with the enlightened mind of the Buddha. When the bodhicitta radiates as
      prajnaparamita, it appears as knowledge of the relative truth, knowledge of the
      absolute truth and knowledge of their union ."

      - Khenchen Palden Sherab Rinpoche

      posted by Richard (roo) to Dzogchen Practice

      The Wisdom of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
      "Be empty of all mental content, of all imagination and effort, and
      the very absence of obstacles will cause reality to rush in."

      "What happens to the body and the mind may not be within your power to
      change, but you can always put an end to your imagining yourself to be
      body and mind.  Whatever happens, remind yourself that only your body
      and mind are affected, not yourself."

      Is Enlightenment Personal?
      The Self as Satyam-Shivam-Sundram (Truth, Consciousness, Beauty)

      The spiritual path is difficult from one perspective because the Self, the ultimate
      Reality that we are, is not clear to us as individuals. Some people say that
      Enlightenment is not personal. That is just a fashion statement. Enlightenment is as
      personal as it gets. The Self is both personal and impersonal. It is personal
      because it is you. How can it be any more personal? It is impersonal because its
      existence (your ultimate nature) is not dependent on time and space bound
      relationships.