#2459 - Sunday, April 30, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 9:30 PM

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2459, Sunday, April 30, 2006

      Student: I've been trained to think that it takes years and years of practice and lifetimes of training and hard work to reach liberation . Now you say it's simply a switch on the wall, a change of perception . Is that correct ?

      Poonja: You need not switch on or off. For the sun to shine do you switch it on ?

      S: No.

      P: Just like this. This light is always there. No switches at all. The sun has no switches. You turn your face away and you call it night. Sun has no night and no day. You are that sun. This is your own light and you are that. You don't need any switches. The switches are limitations . You have fixed these limitations yourself. Nature has not fixed any switches. "I want this , I want that . I dislike this , I like that." If you remove this switch of like and dislike , how will you feel ? Instantly you will be free . Likes and dislikes keep you in bondage and suffering . There are no walls for the switches either. Walls are imaginary only , like walls between countries. You have constructed this wall between you and something else . You have to break this which does not exist. The frontier you have created is the suffering . You have to demolish it by yourself. Nobody will help you.

      - H.S.L. Poonja, from Wake Up and Roar, posted to DailyDharma

      The greatest simplicity is formless,
      the greatest Way is measureless.

      Thus the sky is round without being set to a compass...
      The word universe refers to time and space.

      The Way is therein,
      but no one knows its 'location.'

      So if people's vision does not see far,
      you cannot talk to them
      about something of immense scope,

      if people's knowledge is not broad
      you cannot speak to them
      about what is finally ultimate.

      Those who are inbued with the Way
      and commune with all beings
      have no way to deny each other...

      When it comes to the spirit peacefully forming
      between the heart and the hands,

      freeing the mind to depict the spirit,
      giving voice to its modulation ...

      in the the notes of the strings.

      That is something that a father
      cannot teach his children.

      And children cannot learn from their father.
      This is a principle that is not transmitted.

      Therefore calm is the ruler of form.
      And silence is the master of sound.

      - Wen Tzu, Understanding the Mysteries - Further Teaching of Lao Tzu, posted to Poetic_Mysticism

      You were once a swan singing
      melodies, Lalla. Now you're quiet.

      Someone, I don't know who, has run off
      with what belonged to you.

      The millstone stops, and the hole
      where the grain is fed in fills

      with grain. The channel leading
      to the grinding work is covered over

      and hidden, and the miller
      himself has disappeared.

      - Lalla, from Naked Song, version by Coleman Barks

      Behold your blessedness how it silently
      abides by wich you know your proper self
      Behold your presence how IT silently abides

      Now you know who you are
      The spirit Supreme

      - Nag Hammadi Library, posted to SufiMystic

      Bondzai: How do you get rapport with your essential self?

      Xan: By noticing and yielding to the Silence.

      - posted to SufiMystic