#2420 - Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14 11:35 AM
       #2420 - Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      We welcome your letters, original submissions, book/movie/music reviews, news of websites and blogs. Send the info in a reply to this email.

      Here are some works by renowned Irish poet Gabriel Rosenstock.

      as foraois m’aigne a tháinig tú

      theith scáileanna

      ina n-uaill

      from the forest of my mind you came

      shadows fled

      wailing

                     gabriel rosenstock

      Look, everything transforms again

      Into something else.

      Seeing is believing ?

      What do you see?    What do you believe?

      Everything transforming

      into something else.

      Solidity?   Never!

      A tree has its singing sap,

      Roots, trunk and leaves,

      Its shape spells fragrant permanence

      Before the sap changes its tune

      Into paroxysms of blossoming.

      The fall of leaves, wind among leaves…

      You wish to know God?

      God  is the very corruption of leaves,

      The dark sacrifice before Spring

      ~ © Gabriel Rosenstock ~

      Excerpts from "I Met a Man," by Gabriel Rosenstock

      I met a man from North Cape
      His hair was wild, his mouth agape:
      At four in the morning he'd peel a grape --
      I have that eerie sound on tape

      ~ ~ ~

      I met a man from Ballinamuck
      And all he had in the world was a duck;
      One night it drowned -- what rotten luck!
      That duckless man from Ballinamuck

      ~ ~ ~

      I met a man from John O' Groats
      Wearing forty overcoats.
      'Stay warm!' he muttered, 'Eat your oats!'
         How he gloats.

      ~ ~ ~

      I met a man from Kara-Kum,
      A dosser, a hobo, a flea-bitten bum.
      What did he sell for some chewing gum?
         His mum

      ~ ~ ~

      I met a man from Wolf Creek,
      I said, 'How do?' He said, 'Don't speak!
      Abide in silence -- for one week
        Shut the beak!'