#2407 - Wednesday, March 1, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2407, Wednesday, March 1, 2006

      If you love the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in
      the ocean of delusion.

      -Lin-Chi, The Taoist Classics, translated by Thomas Cleary

      Self with a capital 'S' is all that is.
      There is not two, no not-me and self.

      The appearance of me and other can only thus be Self appearing as me
      and other, a Self-illusion.

      How could anyone ever prove their own separate existence, even though
      its the most common knowledge? In fact its only common knowledge
      because its taken for granted that the one who would prove it is there
      to prove it!

      If we are longing for oneness, This we are.

      Self is alone, as all there is, yet never lonely in Its union, knowing
      no other and no thing from It's Self.

      I am Self, as are You.

      - Gary Merrill, posted to NonDualNetwork

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself in this love.
      When you lose yourself in this love,
      you will find everything.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself.
      Do not fear this loss,
      For you will rise from the earth
      and embrace the endless heavens.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself.
      Escape from this earthly form,
      For this body is a chain
      and you are its prisoner.
      Smash through the prison wall
      and walk outside with the kings and princes.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself at the foot of the glorious King.
      When you lose yourself
      before the King
      you will become the King.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself.
      Escape from the black cloud
      that surrounds you.
      Then you will see your own light
      as radiant as the full moon.

      Now enter that silence.
      This is the surest way
      to lose yourself...

      What is your life about, anyway? -
      Nothing but a struggle to be someone,
      Nothing but a running from your own silence.

      - Rumi, from In the Arms of the Beloved, translations by Jonathan Star, posted to MillionPaths

      Let your will burn in this fire so that it takes you
      nowhere else. Let your self be burned in this
      fire of eternity, love and peace. Don't be afraid
      of this fire, it is love itself. This desire for freedom
      is the fire of love!

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      Samsara, the Wheel
      The world of suffering (samsara) and the realm of the ultimate enlightenment (nirvana) are fundamentally one consciousness. Nirvana is the source of samsara. Both samsara and nirvana are aspects of God.

      Your soul is programed for about 100 lives on the wheel of suffering. The passing of every day brings you closer to freedom; you are reading this because your destined time of liberation is approaching.

      The fear of letting go is part of the barrier to freedom. Understanding that you are not alone gives you courage to jump.

      Source is waiting to catch you when you let go of the illusory security to which the ego tenaciously clings.

      There is nowhere to fall but into the arms of the Beloved. God-the-beyond patiently awaits your time of let-go.

      Long has the Beloved waited for you to outgrow your toys and ego attachments; they give you no peace. Are you still a beggar for love?

      Let go. Jump.

      God is waiting.

      He will catch you.

      God is love.