#2401 - Thursday, February 23, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2006
      #2401 - Thursday, February 23, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      We welcome your letters, original submissions, book/movie/music reviews, news of websites and blogs. Send the info in a reply to this email.
      This is one of those issues that just came together creating its own theme. After a few quotes, it became apparent they all  were about "life".

      The great use of life
      is to spend it for something
      that will outlast it.

           - William James

      When our inner nature is truly free, we find within ourselves a
      wealth of treasure: love, joy and peace of mind. We can appreciate
      the beauty of life, taking each experience as it comes, opening our
      hearts to it and fully enjoying it. Realizing these qualities within
      ourselves is the greatest freedom that can be gained.
      Yet how much of this inner freedom do we allow ourselves? How
      receptive are we to our deepest thoughts and feelings, to the
      positive nature of our inner being? Although there are times when we
      feel this inner richness, we often close it off, encouraging in
      ourselves subtle feelings of dissatisfaction. At times, we may not
      even let ourselves feel happy without guilt, or derive satisfaction
      from our accomplishments without also feeling doubt and anxiety.
      These feelings turn us away from our inner resources, so that we look
      outside ourselves for fulfillment. Attracted to the exciting events
      going on around us, we grasp eagerly at them, believing they will
      bring us satisfaction. But by focusing our energy outside ourselves,
      we miss the many internal messages from our senses, from our
      thoughts, feelings and perceptions. Without this inner knowledge and
      the freedom it provides, our attitude towards our experience grows
      shallow, and our awareness loses depth and clarity. Even though we
      may be successful in the world, a separation from our real nature
      leaves us without a sound internal foundation on which we can base
      our lives. This leads to subtle feelings of insecurity, and life can
      begin to seem empty and meaningless.
      ~Tarthang Tulku - from "Skillful Means"

      posted by Roy Whenary to awakened awareness

      Do not think the knowledge you presently possess is
      changeless, absolute truth. Avoid being narrow-minded
      and bound to present views. Learn and practice nonattachment
      from views in order to be open to receive others' viewpoints.
      Truth is found in life and not merely in conceptual knowledge.
      Be ready to learn throughout your entire life and to observe
      reality in yourself and in the world at all times

      ~Thich Nhat Hanh

      posted by Gill Eardley to Allspirit

      Zen Life, Zen Action

      The worldly life of people who have mastered Zen is buoyant and
      unbridled, like clouds making rain, like the moon in a stream, like an
      orchid in a recondite spot, like spring in living beings. Their action
      is not self-conscious, yet their responses have order. This is what
      those who have mastered Zen do.

      It is also necessary to turn back to the source, to set foot on the
      realm of peace, plunge into the realm of purity, and stand alone,
      without companions, going all the way through the road beyond the
      buddhas. Only then can you fully comprehend the center and the
      extremes, penetrate the very top and the very bottom, and freely kill
      and enliven, roll up and roll out.

      posted by Ben Hassine
      http://www.awakenedawareness.be/Hongzhi.html

      "Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
      All of life is an experiment.
      The more experiments you make the better.
      What if they are a little coarse,
      and you may get your coat soiled or torn?
      What if you do fail,
      and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice.
      Up again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble."

      ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

      posted by Gill Eardley to Allspirit

      A haiku is not a poem, it is not literature; it is a hand beckoning,
      a door half-opened, a mirror wiped clean. It is a way of returning
      to nature, to our moon nature, our cherry blossom nature, our falling
      leaf nature, in short, to our Buddha nature. It is a way in which
      the cold winter rain, the swallows of evening, even the very day in
      its hotness, and the length of the night, become truly alive, share
      in our humanity, speak their own silent and expressive lanugage.

      ~R.H.Blyth~ Haiku, Volume One

      http://peace.wikicities.com/wiki/Visual_Haiku

       this site created by -ts-

      more photos by ts  http://community.webshots.com/user/objack2