HIGHLIGHTS for Thursday, January 26, 2000

  • Old Hag
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2000
      HIGHLIGHTS for Thursday, January 26, 1000
      ____________________________
      Dan (lovecode) Thanks Xan For Giving Him The Switch:

      Dan: Thank you Xan. I appreciate your helping me. By doing what you said
      I felt an immediate switch from me to what is now only this. In this
      moment Im not sure what's real. Probable a temporary state. Or my
      imagination.

      Xan: Feeling not sure is a good sign. It can mean you've stepped beyond
      what the mind can grasp. I learned to ease into Not Knowing. It's a
      totally safe place where I live mostly now. It's different from doubt,
      which is still in the realm of ideas.

      I'm happy you felt the switch!

      Ed Note: Better you than me!
      _______________________________

      Andrew Combines Perfect Sense and Chaos; Beth, Ron, Dutch and Gil
      Respond:

      It started with Neo asking, "Is that constant presence not I?"

      A: Yes,
      �not presence of I
      �not presence of presence
      �not even presence of absence.
      �Only presence.
      ����

      Beth: But you can't have presence without the I. You can't, can you? I
      have been sitting here poring over this little "verse", and sometimes it
      makes perfect sense, and then it disappears into chaos.

      Gill: Yes, you can.

      A: Thank you for this response Beth. What you said here is very
      beautiful. I can't explain. It isn't logical. I'm not trying to convince
      anyone.

      Dutch: Sounds like a great koan to me :-)

      Ron: Andrew - your verse is very beautiful also. Every time I read it, I
      get a pulse of energy/non-energy (and goose-bumps.) Goosebumps are one
      of my methods for knowing what is real/true.

      ________________________________

      Dan PhD (Pretty hip Dude) Responds to Dutch's Going Over a Waterfall
      Without a Barrell

      Dutch: There are examples of realizations without a 'master' in a 'human
      form', but
      ��when I speak for myself, I spent years of reading books etc, but
      when I met Alexander it was just a matter of months before all became
      clear. What would have happened if I had not had the opportunity to join
      his talks, is hard to say. So he helped me remember what I was, am and
      always will be. On the river of insight he was like a waterfall.

      Dan: Thank you for sharing what you remembered and how it occurred,
      Dutch.
      What I remembered is that there is no-thing to remember. What I
      am aware of is awareness. Awareness being aware, forming this body, this
      �perception, of and within itself. No "human being" taught me this, as
      "it"
      �is what animates the "human being". What animates this "human being"
      �animates all human beings. No-thing, livingness itself, couldn't
      possibly
      �not be present, but might be ignored, and the "example" of a human
      teacher
      �not ignoring could be helpful, in the way you suggest. I enjoyed
      �hearing about your "good fortune."
      __________________________________

      Bruce Offered Thought on Idenity That Engendered Lots of Discussion:

      B: `'All" identity is false.
      Freedom is not in
      identifying with "God"
      any more than in
      identifying with the
      body. Freedom is the
      spontaneous and utter
      surrender of that which
      identifies.

      Judi: Yes, exactly. And in my play here with Xan I'm trying to get that
      point across. There is no "identity" as such, 'false' or otherwise.
      There is no "one" that is to surrender. This is already nothing BUT
      surrender, but freedom. There is no going, there is no coming. And
      that's just the way the mop flops! So, for her to say that she wants to
      surrender I think is interesting. Makes me wonder what she's up to?
      Makes me a tad nervous! :-)

      Xan: What am I up to?
      I am acutely aware of the human mind's capability for self-deception.
      Surrender is the vigilance of seeing and seeing through all that. Each
      held pattern of thought and emotion given up each moment until there is
      no more holding.

      Surrender is not complete until every fragment of awareness that forgot
      what it is remembers.

      According to me this watchfulness is required until my last breath. It
      is possible to be awake in awareness but careless in vigilance to hidden
      remnants of false identity/conditioned mind. One can camouflage a great
      deal of bullshit under the right-sounding ideas and moments of bliss.

      If it were not so, what could make one nervous?

      _______________________________

      Roger and Judi Continue Dialogue on "Identification," With Aside From
      Greg.

      R: When identified with the body, entirely relax the body.

      J:*** Who is identified with the body? What is that all about?

      R: How many unique human bodies exist on Earth now? 6 billion? I expect
      the awareness in nearly all of these bodies is 'identified' with the
      body. The 'awareness' considers itself to BE the body. You are unaware
      of the plight of this vast majority? :-)

      Greg: Is awareness in the body, or the body in awareness?

      Not to speak for Judi, but let me hazard a guess that she might be
      talking about something more like the second alternative. In which case
      the identification story doesn't apply. Nevertheless, a down-to-earth,
      everyday-level, conventional way of speaking is possible, in which it's
      said that there are lots of folks with awareness trapped in the body.
      And these folks might think that they ARE the body, sort of like you say
      above. But when a more serious, soteriological inquiry on this kind of
      stuff starts to take place, and we take a careful look, can we locate
      awareness spatially, either inside the body or outside the body?

      J: *** Are you sure, (Roger)? I bet they're just kidding? :-) You don't
      mean to tell
      me that you identity with your body now do you? That's pretty funny if
      you ask me! I mean, is your body really special or what? Pin striped,
      flames on the side, live forever?? I mean, seriously, have you looked in
      the mirror lately? LOL! Go look in the mirror again, just to check one
      more time, and then come back and tell me that you identity with that
      body? And if you say yes, more power to you! :-)

      R: Humor and shock value appreciated, thanks.

      J: *** Thank you, you're welcome.

      R: However, most people on this earth consider themselves mortal
      (awareness confined & limited to the body).

      J: *** Yes, it's all that 'considering' that worries me. :-)

      R: Exceptions are often given exclusive padded living quarters.

      J: *** Hey! Don't be smart with me! :-)

      R: Are you claiming to be 'special' or 'priviledged', at least
      from the perspective of the mortal majority ?

      J: *** Absolutely not. But I have looked at some things and I continue
      to look into things which gives me a certain sense of humor relative to
      the "mortal majority". The major thing being the idea that there is a
      separate somebody or other locked inside a body. Under strict scrutiny
      it doesn't wash. It collapses. It's just ideas, thoughts, nothing more.
      And from this perspective there is lots to look at and lots to learn.
      And you can just take it out and out and it gets more and more expansive
      which includes all 'life', and all 'form' itself. Very interesting and
      gets very stoney to say the least. A better question to ask me would be
      if I'm stoned or not?? :-) Yes, I'm stoned. But I don't mean on drugs,
      so don't get any funny ideas like you can take advantage of me or
      anything.
      :-)

      R: Ya can't stop me, I'm still going to "take advantage" of any
      inspiration or insight coming through you.

      ~~~~
      R: Go around the body very diligently yet effortlessly observing areas
      of tension, and when tension is found, relax. Is tension the same as
      identification?

      J: You could say that, yes. But there can still be 'tense' without
      identification. If a tiger came running into this room, you would see a
      LOT of tenseness. :-)

      R: Agreed, muscular activity might not indicate identification with the
      body. Perhaps yer persumptous to say 'would see a LOT of tenseness'.
      Some individuals might be tense pondering their _future_ (ie not being
      in the NOW) as cat food, but others might be unmoved internally, and
      unmoved might be 'untense'?

      ~~~
      R: What is the body? With receptive stilled attention on the body,
      attention on specific areas such as the heart center, is the body
      experienced as energy or sensation rather than matter?

      J: ***What is attention? Who is attending? What is that business all
      about in other words?

      R: "What is attention?" How does one compose or read an email without
      'attention'? How did you do it?

      ~~~~
      R: If the body is sensation or pulsing subtle energy, then is there
      still identification? Is there identification with energy rather than
      the material form? Or is the observer undisturbed?

      J: ***No "observer" noted.

      R: How can energy or sensation be noted without an observer? "No
      observer noted", Who is noting that there is 'no observer'? Isn't that
      an observer?

      ~~~~
      R: What is beyond the subtle sensation? Does sensation & energy refine
      further into ... an Idea? The awareness of gross form having fallen
      away, the awareness of energy fallen away, what is left?

      J:****There in actually is really no 'falling away'. All that appears as
      such to fall away is just thought. And thought can only go so far before
      it implodes or falls away under inquiry.

      R: If all that 'falls away' is thought, then that's still a 'falling
      away'? How can you say there is no falling away?

      ______________________________

      Jan Has His Own Answers/Questions to Roger's Identify Issue:

      R: How many unique human bodies exist on Earth now? 6 billion? I expect
      the awareness in nearly all of these bodies is 'identified' with the
      body. The 'awareness' considers itself to BE the body. You are unaware
      of the plight of this vast majority?
      When identified with the body, entirely relax the body. Go around the
      body
      �very diligently yet effortlessly observing areas of tension, and when
      �tension is found, relax. Is tension the same as identification?

      Jan: That will be known when, fully relaxed, someone nears unnoticed,
      pricks your body with a firm needle and you won't react with calling
      "ouch!"
      �What is the body? With receptive stilled attention on the body,
      attention on
      �specific areas such as the heart center, is the body experienced as
      energy
      �or sensation rather than matter?

      Most of the time the body is forgotten; it is but a transient interface
      without purpose or goal.

      R: If the body is sensation or pulsing subtle energy, then is there
      still �identification? Is there identification with energy rather than
      the material
      �form? Or is the observer undisturbed?

      Jan: Identification with body is gone, when no difference between
      "inside" and "outside" is felt anymore. It is one of the marks of Hermes
      Trismegistus, who explained it to his pupil Pymander by saying he didn't
      have a sense of touch anymore.

      R:What is beyond the subtle sensation? Does sensation & energy refine
      further
      �into ... an Idea? The awareness of gross form having fallen away, the
      �awareness of energy fallen away, what is left? �

      Jan: What is left was never left, Sat_Cit_Ananda. It was merely
      forgotten.

      _________________________________

      And Speaking of Sat_Cit_Ananda, Larry Cleared The Aisles with This:

      Today it happened. I finally got it. Nothing special, just being here.
      So simple. Yesterday it was an idea, today it's real. Amazing! It is
      absolutely incredible something so simple could take so long. I owe you
      all so much. It wouldn't have happened without each and everyone of you.
      Thank you all and thank you again and again. And especially thank you
      xan. You brought it home to me and I will be forever grateful. I love
      you all so much I'm going to start crying again. It's just a beginning
      of course. A beginningless and endless beginning. Just so

      Thank you all again and again, Larry

      love,
      oh

      Thoroughly dead...All is good then, Whatever you may do." Bunan