#2388 - Friday, February 10, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2006

      #2388 - Friday, February 10, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      We welcome your letters, original submissions, book/movie/music reviews, news of websites and blogs. Send the info in a reply to this email.

      David Spero, Gabriel Rosenstock, and Howard Schumann are featured.

      Bliss liberates instantly. The Bliss-Force of Absolute Being dissolves the knot of self-reflexive awareness - the perceiver, the knower, the one who understands and functions in relativity. Egoic consciousness, the “prasad” or leftover of inadequate seeing, is recognized to be an echo within memory's functioning, a subtle auditory hallucination. Ignorance is the crashing of memory-current in the hidden chambers of the mind, the noise that overwhelms the silence. The Master’s Heart of Bliss-Consciousness shatters this nagging, self-perpetuating movement and restores the awareness of the Self. There is no room for effort here, only a direct interfacing with the utterly simple, naked and absolute state of Being Itself. Only within and by the Grace of Being can this entire field of self-perpetuating ignorance be renounced, once and for all.

      -- David Spero

      Birth of a Kingfisher

      It was a time when even poets were out scavenging

      For entitities in myth, legend and history,

      Tracking them down here, there, everywhere,

      Shooting them out of nowhere

      That they might answer to a rhymelessness in the bowels.

      Sad old Job figured and Milarepa, too,

      Though, sister, weren’t they stretching it with the Tibetan? –

      Ye Olde Caterpillar Man, green from slurping nettle-broth,

      His painful ascent from sorcery to buddahood glossed over.

      Eventually they packed it in

      Leaving their bows and arrows to rot.

      Resonances simply were no longer to be found

      Booty was shadow

      Echolessness pervaded the land.

      An age came about which had the retentiveness

      Of newts roused from toxic slumber.

      Now, born into this unlikely era

      Was one who declared all languages to be dead –

      Hear this -

      Except for dead ones

      And so in Pali and Old Irish

      And even in pictograms

      Neo-ogmic inscriptions

      He sang a litany not of woes

      But sutras of perfect beginnings

      Describing a kingfisher in a flash.

      It was he, they claim, brought back the stream

      And, to their horror and disbelief, blossoms even;

      He had found the dried-up blossomy streams

      Waiting, without remorse, in stone,

      The kingfisher in his illumined heart.

      Inscribing granite seconds before the tendrilled dawn

      Scribbling in flowing water whenever the sun collapsed

      Knowing only that nothing is durable

      Save the meagre act itself

      --Gabriel Rosenstock

      Dear Sir:

      I have read your websites remarks and referrals about the subject of
      non-duality and found it a remarkable introduction to the subject. As a
      person who worked in est, the self-realization program of the 70s and 80s
      created by Werner Erhard, I noticed some striking similarities and feel that
      Erhard's contribution to spreading non-dualistic thought in this century
      should be acknowledged.

      Werner's programs allowed us to get in touch with the idea that personal
      power only comes when you can realize that you are 100% responsible for your
      experience. That it is simply a context in which to hold your experience, a
      context that allows you to experience your personal power and does not imply
      that you are to blame and should feel guilty.

      Personal responsibility, he taught,  is a potent force, the sensation that
      one is the cause of one's life. To the extent that we can embrace and own
      the principle, life becomes clear and simple and in our grasp; to the degree
      that we still hang onto victim beliefs, (i.e. that things outside our life
      control us) things don't work too well

      and that

      True understanding can only come when we realize that myself and yourself
      are the same self, that each of us is God in our own universe and that we
      create our own reality.

      and that

      Life is always perfect just the way it is. When we realize that, no matter
      how strongly it may appear to be otherwise, we know that whatever is
      happening right now will turn out all right. Knowing this, we are in a
      position to begin mastering life.

      Thanks for your consideration.

      Howard Schumann