#2369 - Wednesday, January 18, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2369, Wednesday, January 18, 2006

      The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions.

      - Susan Sontag, posted to AlphaWorld

      When in the realm of husks questions arise
      Its very kernel is proved to be but husk;
      Amidst disputes of scarcity in blades
      Their seeds you are to strive to find!
      When spheres but husks will be, the spirit's light -
      the grain,..
      The one is seen, the other hid; start not:
      The body can be seen, the soul is hid.

      Rumi, from Mesnavi, The Five Senses, posted to Poetic Mysticism

      The Fâtihah is unique in attracting good and averting evil.
      If anything other than God appears to you,
      it's the effect of His illusion;
      and if all other than God vanished from sight,
      it's the effect of His awakening you to what is real.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi VI:3355-3356, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, from Rumi: Jewels of Remembrance, posted to Sunlight

      The Winter of Listening

      No one but me by the fire,
      my hands burning
      red in the palms while
      the night wind carries
      everything away outside.

      All this petty worry
      while the great cloak
      of the sky grows dark
      and intense
      round every living thing.

      What is precious
      inside us does not
      care to be known
      by the mind
      in ways that diminish
      its presence.

      What we strive for
      in perfection
      is not what turns us
      into the lit angel
      we desire,

      what disturbs
      and then nourishes
      has everything
      we need.

      What we hate
      in ourselves
      is what we cannot know
      in ourselves but
      what is true to the pattern
      does not need
      to be explained.

      Inside everyone
      is a great shout of joy
      waiting to be born.

      - David Whyte, posted to Poetic_Mysticism

      We are so busy trying to find ourselves we have forgotten how to lose ourselves in love. We have forgotten the magic that happens when we are not, when we step out of the way, when the divine imprint becomes visible, and life reveals it's real purpose. Not it's imagined purpose, not this strange demon of success and failure that pursues us as a culture . . . We have forgotten the simplicity of life dependent upon what is real. If we forget to live dependent upon what is real then our life ceases to be real . . . And if we forget, then it becomes just a gray horizon, an endless succession of days.

      - Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee, posted to AdyashantiGroup