#2366 - Sunday, January 15, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2006

      who's young and in a hurry.
      The snow is very beautiful.

      Under it are the lingering
      petals of fragrance,
      and the timeless body
      of prayer.

      ~ Mary Oliver ~

      (New and Selected Poems Volume Two)

      Nondual Highlights #2366 - Sunday, January 15, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

       Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Not using the mind to look for reality is awareness.

      --Bodhidharma
      posted by Ben Hassine

      Once I was told

      ' All you need is the first prayer,
      the one you know by heart '

      Then one day, by Grace

      Perhaps not,
      at an expected place

      A shining spot,
      An open gate

      The words resonate

        *********

      If I have presented any theory
      Then I am at fault
      But I have not accepted any theory
      I am totally free from any blame

      Nagarjuna in Vigrahavyavartanikarika

      The cessation which results from the burning
      Down of the entire fuel of the knowable entities
      Is the ultimate body of the victorious one
      At that time there is neither birth nor death
      The body of peace radiates like a wish fulfilling gem
      Until sentient beings are liberated, for the endowment of the world
      The emanations of peace appear eternally without conceptions

      From Madhyamakavatara

       by Alan Larus

      shining

      we are all shining

      shining

      shining

      sometimes it is so bright
      the light drops off of you
      and off of me and fills up

      and other times it is so
      quiet and simple and lit
      like easy in out breathing

      a flash, a gentle glow,
      it's constant, constantly
      here, streaming, radiant.

      i've fallen to my knees,
      i've  fallen into this gaze,
      i've remembered what is real.

      and yet ever, in each flow,
      each meandering, i am so
      new, newly grateful there

      is no more loss of this constant.
      i wonder how it ever seemed
      it wasn't here, wasn't clear.

      poised in this gentle awareness
      i enter all the distinctions
      that bloom in this unfolding.

      and over and over it cannot
      be said yet i reword this bow
      to the light that is as you are,

      this light that is as i am,
      and i find there is no twist
      without love in this unspeakable.

      even as it falls away i am with
      the movement riding the current,
      shining, shining, absorbed.

      shining. watching you shine.

      by Josie Kane

      Tricycle's Daily Dharma: January 15, 2006

      Attention, Attention
      There's an old Zen story: a student said to Master Ichu, "Please write for me something of great wisdom." Master Ichu picked up his brush and wrote one word: "Attention." The student said, "Is that all?" The master wrote, "Attention Attention."... For "attention" we could substitute the word "awareness." Attention or awareness is the secret of life and the heart of practice.... Every moment in life is absolute itself. That's all there is. There is nothing other than this present moment; there is no past, there is no future; there is nothing but this. So when we don't pay attention to every little this, we miss the whole thing. And the contents of this can be anything. This can be straightening our sitting mats, chopping an onion, visiting one we don't want to visit. It doesn't matter what the contents of the moment are; each moment is absolute. That's all there is, and all there ever will be. If we could totally pay attention, we would never be upset. If we're upset, it's axiomatic that we're not paying attention. If we miss not just one moment, but one moment after another, we're in trouble. --Charlotte Joko Beck, Nothing Special: Living Zen