#2359 - Saturday, January 7, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2359, Saturday, January 7, 2005

      Was putting away the dishes this morning...taking them one by one from the washer...to
      the cupboard...at the end of the task, I noticed a tendency to speed up...to get on to the
      next activity...to contemplate the next activity....the next issue...the next whatever...and
      then went back to the "putting away". Noticed my hands reaching down, grasping the next
      bowl...lifting into the air...finding a vacancy...placing on the shelf...in the cupboard...and
      the sound of the bowl touching the shelf. Then the thought...I never noticed that sound
      before...must have done that a thousand times...never noticed the sound...then my hand
      returning to its normal position at my side...turning to leave the kitchen...and observing
      my legs and feet swinging out in front of me...as I walked.

      To pick up a little on the above noted tendency to speed up. Seems...when I look again for
      a reason for this...it is to escape a particular emotional state...labelled an "issue".
      And...surmising over time...that there appears to be no escape...or maybe this choice
      arises...to decline the invitation to avoid the state...the issue...to speed up...to "get out of
      Dodge". Yet no dodging for me now...to accept each and every issue...as an opportunity
      to observe it...to follow it to its core. And sometimes...if vigilance comes...am able to do
      this...to follow to the core...and there appears to be nothing...or at most little feeling
      remnants. Other times there is this yarn like ball...that just doesn't feel like unravelling
      itself...so I let it be. It's okay. Just to observe is way more than enough!

      A little more on this ball of yarn...that appears to feel like not unravelinng. A gestalt...an
      energy knot within the emotional -physical body. Don't know really...doesn't matter what
      labels I give it. Doesn't even matter if it really exists. But it appears to at times. How I
      react to it...what I do about it...is relevant...

      I have spent a lifetime...skillfully...secretly...dodging those inner...painful...balls of
      yarn...that feel so tightly wound and bound. But...somehow...through time...with the gift
      of perseverance...have observed a loosening...some unraveling...and some revealing.
      Somehow over time...I have avoided to fight with the yarn...to debate it...or even want it dead!

      Yes...to finallly...relax enough to not have an issue with its presence.

      To accept...and with this acceptance...a new sensory world is giving birth to itself:
      At first more sustained vision....e.g. to observe my legs and feet swing outward as I
      walk...and then sound...as the bowl comes to a rest on a shelf.

      How does all this relate to Advaita...not sure...for certain....Could come up with some
      satisfactory comments...but would be highly speculative...from this view.

      A big blue sky in Sedona today. Jim.
      - Jim Keller, posted to AdvaitaToZen

      We cannot change anything unless we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.

      - Carl Jung, posted to AlphaWorld

      Keep walking, though there's no place to get to.
      Don't try to see through the distances.
      That's not for human beings. Move within,
      but don't move the way fear makes you move.

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks, Unseen Rain, Threshold Books, 1986, posted to AlongTheWay

      All truths wait in all things,

      They neither hasten their own delivery nor resist it,

      They do not need the obstetric forceps of the surgeon...

      - Walt Whitman, posted to Poetic_Mysticism

      Grace is not something to be acquired from others.
      If it is external, it is useless. All that is necessary
      is to know its existence in you.

      You are never out of its operation.

      - Ramana Maharshi, posted to MillionPaths

      the old home
      in the rain ...
      i walk barefooted

      in the endless sound