#2353 - Saturday, December 31, 2005

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2353, Saturday, December 31, 2005

      Get hold of the main thing that the world and the self are one and perfect. Only your attitude is faulty and needs readjust- ment.

      This process of readjustment is what you call sadhana. You come to it by putting an end to indolence and using all your energy to clear the way for clarity and charity. But in reality these are all signs of inevitable growth. Don't be afraid, don't resist, don't delay Be what you are. There is nothing to be afraid of. Trust and try. Experiment honestly. Give your real being a chance to shape your life. You will not regret.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj. postd to Poetic_Mysticism

      When you believe yourself to be a person, you
      see persons everywhere. In reality there are
      no persons, only threads of memories and habits.
      At the moment of realization the person ceases.
      Identity remains, but identity is not a person, it
      is inherent in the reality itself. The person has
      no being in itself; it is a reflection in the mind
      of the witness, the 'I am', which again is a mode
      of being.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, The Acorn Press, 1973, posted to AlongTheWay

      SHAPER SHAPED

      In days gone by I used to be
      A potter who would feel
      His fingers mould the yielding clay
      To patterns on his wheel;
      But now, through wisdom lately won,
      That pride has died away,
      I have ceased to be the potter
      And have learned to be the clay.

      In other days I used to be
      A poet through whose pen
      Innumerable songs would come
      To win the hearts of men;
      But now, through new-got knowledge
      Which I hadn’t had so long,
      I have ceased to be the poet
      And have learned to be the song.

      I was a fashioner of swords,
      In days that now are gone,
      Which on a hundred battle-fields
      Glittered and gleamed and shone;
      But know that I am brimming with
      The silence of the Lord
      I have ceased to be a sword-maker
      And learned to be the sword.

      In by-gone days I used to be
      A dreamer who would hurl
      On every side an insolence
      Of emerald and pearl.
      But now that I am kneeling
      At the feet of the Supreme
      I have ceased to be the dreamer
      And have learned to be the dream.

      - from the diary of A Devaraja Mudaliar, posted to MillionPaths

      It is God who yawns and sneezes
      and coughs, and now laughs.

      Look, it's God doing ablutions!
      God deciding to fast, God going naked
      from one New Year's Eve to the next.

      Will you ever understand
      how near God is
      to you?

      - Lalla, posted to Poetic_Mysticism

      Celebrate your freedom from the tyranny of your ego! Set off fireworks to welcome a new you! Unbound by "I" longings, unshackled by aversion's tightening cuffs, You are - here, right now! fully, with yesterday's cud left to Bessie, tomorrow's fantasies gifted to Tinker Bell, you leave the nest of anxiety over mere dreams, and fly free into a new year of balance, of stillness, and of joy.

      ~dg

      Don't worry - Be Happy.
      ~Meher Baba

      Happy New Year, darlin's!