#2349 - Saturday, December 24, 2005

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2005

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2349, Saturday, December 24, 2005

      To see God you need body mind senses and so much paraphernalia. To go beyond God you need nothing. Don't even activate a thought, activate no energy even to not activate. Contemplation and adoration of Self is all that you need. Love: Surrender to the Divine and keep Quiet. Wisdom: Inquire into the Divine and keep Quiet. Know "I am Home, I am Home itself," and incessantly look at Self.

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      More simply, regard everything as a dream. Life is a dream. Death is also a dream, for that matter; waking is a dream and sleeping is a dream. Another way to put this is: 'Every situation is a passing memory.'

      It is said that with these slogans that are pointing to absolute truth - openness - one should not say 'Oh, yes, I know,' but that one should just allow a mental gap to open, and wonder, 'Could it be? Am I dreaming this?' Pinch yourself. Dreams are just as convincing as waking reality. You could begin to contemplate the fact that things are not as solid or as reliable as they seem.

      Have you ever been caught in the heavy-duty scenario of feeling defeated and hurt, and then somehow, for no particular reason, you just drop it? It just goes, and you wonder why you made 'Much ado about nothing.' What was that all about? It also happens when you fall in love with somebody; you're so completely into thinking about the person twenty-four hours a day. You are haunted and you want him or her so badly. Then a little while later, 'I don't know where we went wrong, but the feeling's gone and I just can't get it back.' We all know this feeling of how we make things a big deal and then realize that we're making a lot out of nothing.

      Gentleness in our practice...is like remembering something. This compassion, this clarity, this openness are like something we've forgotten. Sitting here being gentle with ourselves, we're rediscovering something. It's like a mother reuniting with her child; having been lost to each other for a long, long time, they reunite. The way to reunite with Bodhichitta is to lighten up in your practice and in your whole life.

      That's the essential meaning of the absolute Bodhichitta slogans - to connect with the open, spacious quality of your mind, so that you can see that there's no need to shut down and make such a big deal about everything.

      - Pema Chodron, from Start Where You Are, published by Shambhala, posted to DailyDharma.

      .

      Attempt...
      To attempt
      to hide
      from God
      is impossible...

      To attempt
      to find God
      requires
      doing nothing,
      and going nowhere...

      - Arial, posted to Poetic_Mysticism

      Where the Heart Opens

      Freedom comes
      when you give up
      your attachment
      to what you want the most.

      Freedom comes
      when you realize
      this moment
      is beyond your control.

      That life simply is
      you simply are
      and where it goes
      from here
      nobody can say for sure.

      Doesn't mean you stop trying.
      Simply means you give up
      your attachment to the outcome.

      For the moment
      you stop obsessing over
      how to make
      later
      the way you want it to be,
      you will find yourself
      here,
      alive,
      open,
      vulnerable.

      This is where the heart opens.
      This is where love flows.

      Have a wonderful Christmas.

      Blessings,

      - Kip, posted to ConsciousOneness

      A beggar smiled at me and offered me alms,
      In a dream last night, my heart sprang with delight.

      His beauty and grace which shone from his tattered,
      Presence took me by storm until I woke at dawn.

      His poverty was riches, it covered my body in silk.
      In that dream I heard the beckoning sighs of lovers.

      I heard soft cries of agonized joy saying: "Take this,
      Drink and be complete!" I saw before me a ring,

      Jeweled in poverty and then it nested on my ear.
      From the root of my surging soul a hundred tremors,

      Rose as I was taken and pinned down by the surging sea.
      The heaven groaned with bliss and made a beggar of me.

      - Translation by Raficq Abdulla, from Words of Paradise -- Selected poems of Rumi, Penguin Books Ltd., England, 2000, posted to Sunlight.

      .