#2345 - Sunday, December 18, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2005

      #2345 - Sunday, December 18, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

         Kyeho! This self-knowing wakefulness
         Is not an object to be spoken of, nor is it an object of thought.
         It is not something that I,Tilopa, can show you.
         Understand that it is revealed to oneself by oneself.
             ---- Tilopa to Naropa

      posted by Joyce Short to Dzogchen Practice

      understanding grace

      He said:

      ‘I cannot understand how I understand.
      It is not a thing I do; not something I can possibly comprehend. It is impossible.
      I know it is there, like the rain and mist this morning—and that’s all I know of it.
      That is all I know of it, though there is nothing in the world that touches me the
      way this understanding does.
      I do not deserve this kind of grace. How shall I put it?’

      -- Ben Hassine

      Anyone who, even for a second, feels a pure, clear confidence on hearing the truth will experience immeasurable happiness. Why? Because, at that moment, that person is not caught up in the concept of a self or a living being or a life span. He is not caught up in concepts about the world, nor is he caught up in concepts about nothingness. He does not take any notice of the idea that this is a sign, or this or that is not a sign.

      For if you are caught up in ideas, then you will be caught up in the self. And even if you are caught up in ideas about nothingness, you will still be caught up in the self. That's why we should not get attached to the belief that things either exist or do not exist. This is the hidden meaning when I say that my teachings are a raft to be abandoned when you see true being.

      -Diamond Sutra
      From "The Pocket Buddha Reader," edited by Anne Bancroft, 2001.

      from Advahut Gita

      47. We're not a problem to be solved, there's no prize for a winning
      story. Close the book and exhale. There is nothing broken, nothing to
      fix.

      48. Oh mind, why struggle? Fall into the heart, drown in the ocean of
      your own bliss! Let what happens happen, yours is none of this!

      49. Not the fruit of a tended vine, I am not what changes. Source of
      sweetness and thirsting both, spilt wine drops lifting into air,
      Love's own intoxication.

      50. Neither formless or form, inconspicuous in my own absence, the
      true word is "Silence". Before we knew, we all knew it.

      51. Nothing to cling to, nothing to grasp, why wander, restless,
      dear mind? Relax!

      posted by Sam Pasiencier to nondualnow

      The Vision of Ashes and Snow

      “In exploring the shared language and poetic sensibilities
      of all animals, I am working towards rediscovering the
      common ground that once existed when people lived in
      harmony with animals. The images depict a world that is
      without beginning or end, here or there, past or present.”

      —Gregory Colbert, Creator of Ashes and Snow

      http://www.ashesandsnow.org/

      Click on "portfolio" for a flash presentation of some exquisite images.
      (You may  need to click on each photo to proceed to the next image,
      or perhaps my flash gizmo doesn't work.)

      Thanks to Gyan for this link