#2337 - Friday, December 9, 2005 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2005
      #2337 - Friday, December 9, 2005 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      We welcome your letters, original submissions, book/movie/music reviews, news of websites and blogs. Send the info in a reply to this email.

      Today selections from 4 blogs. The bloggers are Charlie Hayes, whonowz, Jody Radzik, and Margaret Cho. Please let me know about other blogs.

      --Jerry Katz

      Charlie Hayes

      "The thought 'who am I?' (or 'what am i') will destroy all other thoughts, and like the stick used for stirring the burning pyre, it will itself in the end get destroyed. Then, there will arise Self-realization." ~ Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi

      "Subject-object thinking seems to cover the natural state (awareness). But without awareness, thinking could not take place. Because thinking appears in awareness (like a cloud appears in the sky), realise that thinking in essence is awareness. Understanding this, thinking cannot obscure awareness."

      "Start from the FACT that you are ALREADY THAT." ~ "'Sailor' Bob Adamson" ... He's "The Real Deal."

      As the inquiry completes, you know, beyond doubt, that "Right here right now all there is, is Aliveness, and I Am that." Click Here to hear "Introducing Your True Nature" (Audio, mp3 ... a bit staticy but hey, it's FREE!)

      Something to share? Questions? Use "comments" links...
      Or send via e-mail to awakenow@....

      ~ what's the story today? ~

      "what's 'charlie's' story today? "
      immediately ... whose story?
      next ... who cares? now ... beng pissed comes up UNCAUSED NO REASON now ... being scared pops up UNCAUSED NO REASON now ... wanting to prove "i am no thing" pops up ... who? how silly this all is
      yet it all just arises in That I Am ... right now warm blanket, hum of computer tingling body chattering mind
      all labels ... for what was a moment ago ... a story about.
      what IS cannot be labeled or tranlated
      though something Here certainly does try ... too late ! ! ! ! ! ! ... so what? who gives a shit? WHO !? so the idiot mind says ... all this shit signifying ...... nothing. All UNCAUSED NO REASON ......

      There is no belief in a separate "doer here" ... will it come back? to who? there is no belief in NO doer either. There in no belief in beleif. (Belief = the acceptance of a thing as fact in the absence of evidence. duh.) So: who claims to not be a doer? who claims i AM the doer? it all appears and goes away ... like clouds in a winter sky. what sees it all? what does not come and go? only That is Real.

      Thursday, December 08, 2005

      Devotees Rampage After Guru Denied His Staff

      File under: Backroom Gurudom

      Guru Narendra Maharaj just wanted to fly from Lucknow to Mumbai with his Brahamdhand (religious staff). Airport security had a different idea and would not allow the staff on the aircraft. 500 followers of the slighted guru show up at the airport to protest, and 195 of them are arrested as rioters.

      Narendra is rolling deep, y'all! This guru is a kingpin. All he needs now is a campaign manager.

      Update: All is well now, mostly. Narendra's staff has been delivered in Mumbai, allowing him to feel confident in his guruhood once again.

      11/28/05
      Same Old Story

      Last night in suburbia, at the 7:45 showing of "Walk the Line," the "Brokeback Mountain" trailer got booed, which is typical and depressing. Even though I might have my own issues with that movie (since Hollywood can only tell stories about queer life as long as they are talking about beautiful white men, and the actors portraying them are actually straight and showcasing how comfortable they are with their sexuality) I still want to rally behind it, because the world at large will never be ready for us, and so we must be ready for it.

      There are also a number of historical epics on offer, even yet another "Pride and Prejudice!" When will Hollywood get sick of making the same films over and over again? What is this stupid insistence at revisiting the same boring novels, never showing us anything different, as if we all have some kind of collective short term memory loss that would prevent us remembering that we just saw this film, we just read this book in school, we already know this story and it doesn’t matter that Keira Knightly is in it now?

      I am just so over the European perspective of fucking everything and I want something new and real. And so I am eagerly anticipating the release of "Memoirs of Geisha." The trailer looks lush and stunning, and all the usual suspects like Gong Li and Michelle Yeoh are there, but why does Zhang Ziyi have blue eyes? Is that from the novel? I read it, and I might have liked it but it was one of those books that you read that just kind of leaves you, because it isn’t a terribly profound story, nor is it a true one, not that it really matters – but basically, it’s kind of an empty fashion show without pictures.

      Still, even if it was in the book, I can’t say that it looks right on film. That is weird. I don’t know any Asian people with blue eyes, except for that porn star with the blond hair from Hawaii, and that old blind man from Kung Fu. Why do her eyes have to be blue? To make blue eyed people want to see the film? Why do they remain true to a novel which was not even true to begin with? It is just like that grade school experiment that separates the blue eyed people from the brown eyed people in class, and how easy it was for us to condemn the brown eyed people to death or something like that, which was supposed to teach you about racism, but actually did nothing but point out the popular kids in class.

      I am still glad about the movie, even though Zhang Ziyi’s eyes are much more beautiful in their normal color. I would have preferred if she had just one contact in, a’la Marilyn Manson, but you can’t have everything, as we see in "Memoirs of a Geisha." I think it is grand that the actors are not entirely Japanese, and I am delighted to see them all up on the screen, speaking English and looking fine. It’s just the eyes: so politicized, the way we see ourselves, the way others see us. I wish things were different. I wish things would change. But they don’t.