#2327 - Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2005
      #2327 - Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nondual Highlights

      Archive and Search Engine: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      We welcome your letters, original submissions, book/movie/music reviews, news of websites and blogs. Send the info in a reply to this email.

      This issue of The Nondual Highlights features selections from Speaking Through the Opening: Allowing Your Life to be Your Poem, by Eric Ashford. http://www.palabras-press.com/

      However, I'm going to do something unusual in this presentation of John's poetry. I find that within the poems are brief, intense, remarkable lines that stand out like shocking lights. I have unscrewed some of those lights from the larger poems and I only hope Eric doesn't mind!

      "Eric Ashford goes to a new place of consciousness that we are only now exploring. He consistently has what I call 'Rumi Moments,' where time stops and you look inside and see the beauty that cannot be spoken, though Eric has just spoken it. You look up from the page, smile and shake your head and let go, savouring for a few moments, before returning to the magic of his words." --John MacEnulty

      Eric Ashford lives in England.  He is a poet who believes that poetry is an authentic spiritual path in its own right.  Writing poetry is contemplative, healing and a way of self-realization. He would also say that poetic self-expression is how we choose to view and become the art of our own life.

      ~ ~ ~

      This book explores in 200 poems, the many ways that we can become the poetic expression of our souls. It touches upon the highs and lows of this "art of living" that is our individual path to self-awareness. It is my hope that the readers will come to realize their divine potential to live optimally from the poetry of their souls--to live from a deeper source of their creative light--and to come to know that his very life that we lead is the poem we allow ourselves to write.

      ~ ~ ~

      When you do not know your words

      and cannot name them,

      then you are in season,

      Then you are heavy

      with something new to say.

      You are pregnant like the sky is when full of rain.

      ~ ~ ~

      When a poem speaks to you

      it's as if you just spoke to yourself.

      ~ ~ ~

      Black-inked words fall on snow fields.

      Poems arrive like thunder out of a clear blue sky.

      No one here is looking.

      There is only the poem

      looking at itself.

      ~ ~ ~

      Place one foot here and one foot there

      and wait for the big picture to appear.

      ~ ~ ~

      Write every poem quickly

      even if it takes you a lifetime.

      ~ ~ ~

      You have endless amazing talents

      but, until you love to reveal them,

      nothing real can be said.

      ~ ~ ~

      Find that one thing that feels

      as if God is making love to you.

      Undress yourself in the dark to be that light.

      ~ ~ ~

      ...let the wheel turn in your hands

      and force nothing.

      ~ ~ ~