#2304 - Wednesday, November 1

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2304, Wednesday, November 2, 2005

      -----------

      Nothing happens.

      - The XVI Karmapa, on his deathbed, posted to DailyDharma

      -----------

      The center clears. Knowing comes:
      The body is not singular like a corpse,
      but singular like a salt grain
      still in the side of the mountain.

      - Rumi, psoted to AlongTheWay

      -----------

      Dawn

      Some love to watch the sea bushes appearing at dawn,
      To see night fall from the goose wings, and to hear
      The conversations the night sea has with the dawn.

      If we can't find Heaven, there are always bluejays.
      Now you know why I spent my twenties crying.
      Cries are required from those who wake disturbed at dawn.

      Adam was called in to name the Red-Winged
      Blackbirds, the Diamond Rattlers, and the Ring-Tailed
      Raccoons washing God in the streams at dawn.

      Centuries later, the Mesopotamian gods,
      All curls and ears, showed up; behind them the Generals
      With their blue-coated sons who will die at dawn.

      Those grasshopper-eating hermits were so good
      To stay all day in the cave; but it is also sweet
      To see the fenceposts gradually appear at dawn.

      People in love with the setting stars are right
      To adore the baby who smells of the stable, but we know
      That even the setting stars will disappear at dawn.
      - Robert Bly

      -----------

      Meditation

      The star travelled
      Or was it the earth
      I know not
      When I looked again
      There You were
      Between my brows

      - © Gabriel Rosenstock, posted to Poetic_Mysticism

      When my mind was cleansed of impurities, like a mirror of its dust
      and dirt,
      I recognized the Self in me:
      When I saw Him dwelling in me,
      I realized that He was the Everything and I was nothing.

      - Lalla