#2295 - Sunday, October 23, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2005
      #2295 - Sunday, October 23, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      “It is only imperfection that complains of what is imperfect.
      The more perfect we are the more gentle and quiet we
      become towards the defects of others.”

      Joseph Addison (Attributed)

      posted to AlphaWorld

      We first Americans mingle with our pride an exceptional humility.
      Spiritual arrogance is foreign to our nature and teaching. We never
      claimed that the power of articulate speech is proof of superiority
      over "dumb creation"; on the other hand, it is to us a perilous gift.

      We believe profoundly in silence - the sign of a perfect equilibrium.
      Silence is the absolute poise or balance of body, mind and spirit.

      Those who can preserve their selfhood ever calm and unshaken by the
      storms of existence - not a leaf, as it were, astir on the tree; not
      a ripple upon the shining pool - Those, in the mind of the person of
      nature, possess the ideal attitude and conduct of life.

      Ohiyesa

      The Ways of the Spirit
      The Wisdom of the Native Americans

      posted to The Other Syntax

      Sitting in the Silence is magic.  This is when things begin to happen, wonderful things.  Peace comes to you.  Happiness comes to you all by itself.  Joy comes to you.   When you sit in the Silence you remember who you are.  We come to see we are all one Self.  What does this mean?  It means we are not separate, we are that One Self.  Thank of that.  We are all the One Self.
      -Robert Adams, Silence of the Heart

      posted by Xan to MillionPaths

      Indeed how wonderful!
      I adore myself.

      For I have taken form
      But I am still one.

      Neither coming nor going,
      Yet I am still everywhere.

      -Ashtavakra Gita 2:12
      From "The Heart of Awareness: A Translation of the Ashtavakra Gita," by Thomas Byrom, 1990

      today a friend told me of the hard time she has had
      this summer dealing with her mother's cancer. she
      told me the hardest part was when her mother's
      diagnosis turned from heart attack and simple
      cancer surgery to it having spread and the mother
      said she could not find god anymore. my friend was
      very distressed about this and said she had tried
      everything to help her mom reconnect. they both had
      always been strongly spiritual.

      i paused and told her that this also could be ok.
      i told her how in my journey i had to go through
      a very dark point where i lost everything including
      all labels and forms of "god" and that it was in facing
      the darkness and emptiness, that i truly discovered
      what is real and not just "lightness" and "love"
      in a unexamined way, but what is truly real.
      i described how it was so important to stand, exposed,
      without anything, as nothing, and to discover i still
      am...and to then, as awareness clarified, like dawn
      slowly grows brighter began to see peace is always
      here. anyway i said a few things and she looked
      so happy i was surprised. she said it was really helpful
      and she would discuss this with her mother, she felt it
      would give her mother some clarity as well. who knows.
      i just found myself saying how all paths do include
      a version of the emptiness. knowing it is not something
      any one can give to another but perhaps we each hold
      out a hand to encourage ourselves to be present to
      all.

      there was just so much innocence in her concern of no
      god, and i was grateful i could share the power in
      being with this, and that i am here. even as our
      planet continues to challenge so many beings through
      turmoil and i find i must revisit this again and
      again, i still find it to be true. though i can
      hold nothing before me, and continue to be in
      free fall, this stillness is ever present.

      love,
      --josie--

      I was reading an essay recently that sparked
      something for me.  It spoke of "standing in
      the place where there is no place to stand"...
      maybe that's a "concept"...and yet it spoke to
      me so deeply about something more than that.
      We seem to be talking about the same thing,
      basically, here...

      Free falling...and somehow being okay with
      that...a trust that can't be named or forced
      or figured out...only lived.

      -Aly

      The Wisdom of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      "The "here" is everywhere, and the "now" always. Go beyond the
      "I-am-body" idea, and you will find that space and time are in you and
      not you in space and time. Once you have understood this, the main
      obstacle to realization is removed."
      posted to A Net of Jewels

      A drop of water has the tastes of the water of the seven seas:
      there is no need to experience all the ways of worldly life.

      The reflections of the moon on one thousand rivers are from
      the same moon: the mind must be full of light.

            Hung Tzu-ch'eng
      posted to Awareness-TheWaytoLove

      What are you wanting, finally? On that you have
      to fix your attention. Whether you call it hatha yoga
      or kriya yoga or anything else is not important.
      Fix your consciousness on your concept of final
      reality, and it shall bless you. You have to decide
      yourself what is ultimately real, in yourself or in the
      world; then fix your attention and attune your
      consciousness with it. This is meditation. It has
      no particular name.

      - Swami Krishnananda

      Your Questions Answered
      Swami Krishnananda