#2283 - Monday, October 10, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2005
      Nondual Highlights
      #2283 - Monday, October 10, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Awakening:

      Like falling into the empty space inside a diamond,
      No solid ground, no fixed views,
      Very warm, very gentle,
      My nose is red,
      Ah!
       by Ben Hassine, posted to awakenedawareness

      photos by Alan Larus are taken in Norway

       http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/3_landscapes.htm

      Genjo Koan:
      Actualizing the Fundamental point

      By Dogen Zenji

      (excerpt)

      When buddhas are truly buddhas they do not necessarily notice that they are buddhas. However, they are actualized buddhas, who go on actualizing buddhas.

      When you see forms or hear sounds fully engaging body-and-mind, you grasp things directly. Unlike things and their reflections in the mirror, and unlike the moon and its reflection in the water, when one side is illuminated the other side is dark.

      To study the buddha way is to study the self. To study the self is to forget the self. To forget the self is to be actualized by myriad things. When actualized by myriad things, your body and mind as well as the bodies and minds of others drop away. No trace of realization remains, and this no trace continues endlessly.

      When you first seek dharma, you imagine you are far away from its environs. But dharma is already correctly transmitted; you are immediately your original self.

      http://hjem.get2net.dk/civet-cat/zen-writings/genjo-koan.htm

      posted to awakenedawareness by Gloria Lee

      An act of meditation is actually an act of faith--of faith in your spirit, in your own potential. Faith is the basis of meditation. Not of faith in something outside you--a metaphysical buddha, an unattainable ideal, or someone else's words. The faith is in yourself, in your own "buddha-nature." You too can be a buddha, an awakened being that lives and responds in a wise, creative, and compassionate way.

      -Martine Batchelor, "Meditation for Life"

      Everything is as it is. It has no name other than the name we give it. It is we who call it something; we give it a value. We say this thing is good or it's bad, but in itself, the thing is only as it is. It's not absolute; it's just as it is. People are just as they are.

      -Ajahn Sumedho, "The Mind and the Way"

      "He only is wise who devotes himself to realizing,
       not reading only, the ancient revelations," he said.
      "Solve all your problems through meditation.*
      Exchange unprofitable speculations for actual
      God-communion.
      Clear your mind of dogmatic theological debris;
      let in the fresh , healing waters of direct perception.
      Attune yourself to the active inner Guidance;
      the Divine voice has the answer to every dilemma of life.
      Though man's ingenuity for getting himself into trouble
      appears to be endless, the Infinite Succor is no less
      resourceful."

      * "Seek truth in meditation, not in moldy books.
         Look in the sky to find the moon, not in the pond."
        (Persian proverb)

        taken from :
                 Autobiography of a Yogi ,
                 Paramahansa Yogananda
      posted to ThePowerofSilence by Viorica Weissman

      The Wisdom of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      "There is a state beyond forgetting and not-forgetting--the natural
      state. To remember, to forget--these are all states of mind,
      thought-bound, word-bound."

      "What you need will come to you if you do not ask for what you do not
      need. Yet only few people reach this state of complete dispassion and
      detachment. It is a very high state, the very threshold of liberation."

      posted to ANetofJewels

      “We can tell you pleasant things about  the Ultimate Reality and have  an enjoyable time but will it help you?  You are not babies anymore. It is time to spit out the pacifiers! If you keep distracting yourself with beliefs and concepts, you won't wake up!”

      “We are not seeking for the second head. One head is enough and it is already in the right place. We are not seeking for any future realisations but rather we dive into the Now.”

      “The heart of reality is Now. The Now is a secret. It is very, very intimate, very close to who we are. It is so close that we miss its existence.”

      “Words are seductive and any dualistic projection into the future turns into a poison.

      In this way, one becomes a beggar missing the truth of the Now.”

      “Be wise and honour your own light, respect your own soul and revere the Now.

      Honour your present experience of Existence, for it is where the eternal light lives.

      From the other side, be wise and understand the need for evolution.

      Acknowledge the process of deepening, growth and maturation.”

       ~VY. Anadi

      posted to consciousoneness

      Ramana is in the now. Ramana is a label. Bhagavan himself said, “this body is not real”….and, “where can I go”. The Truth is seen in the here and now. Sri Ramana used to say that physical contact is not as important as mental contact. Ultimately, one’s own being and Reality are seen to be “not two” but identical. So one must know one’s own Heart. Self-Realization is mysterious in the beginning and yet simple and stunning with the beauty of Sat-Chit-Ananda at the end. One enters the abode of divine as a guest, even a beggar, hungry, frightened, what to expect … and then sees that one is the owner of the abode, has always been the owner of the palace, and the very Heart It Self of Existence, Consciousness, Bliss!

      posted to HarshaSatsangh by Harsha