#2270 - Saturday, September 24, 2005

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2005
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2270, Saturday, September 24 2005

      -----------

      Laughing Buddha

      I am a window,
      Look through me,
      not at me.

      - Adyashanti, from My Secret is Silence

      -----------

      She is like white clouds rising from the mountains,
      No-mind from the start.
      She is like the roosting bird who feels no longing
      For the woods of home.
      Because this person of the Way happens to enjoy
      The mountains and streams
      She wanders among them unconcerned about how deep
      Into the lakeside mountain peaks she goes.
      She has gone to the empty cliffs to pay respect to
      The hundred thousand forms of the Buddha.

      - Su Dongpo, from Daily Zen, posted to DailyDharma
      http://www.dailyzen.com

      -----------

      Things are actually without substance.
      Both things and the individual experiencing
      them are the same process, and not
      perceiving this fact is also part of the same
      process. There is nothing to be done about
      it, and there is nothing not to be done
      about it. What IS is all there is.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, from A Net of Jewels, posted to AlongThe Way

      -----------

      When things become manifest
      To the ardent meditating brahmin,
      All his doubts then vanish since he understands
      Each thing along with its cause.

      - The Buddha, Udana I, 1 - posted to MillionPaths

      -----------

      A Sacred Blasphemy

      Be off and know That the way of lovers is opposite all other ways.
      Lies from the Friend
      Are better than truth and kindness from others.

      For Him
      The impossible is commonplace,
      Punishment is reward,
      Tyranny is justice,
      Slander is the highest praise.

      His harshness is soft,
      His blasphemy is sacred.
      The blood that drips from the Beloved's thorn
      is sweeter than roses and basil.

      When He's bitter
      it's better than a candy-shop.
      When He turns his head away
      it's all hugs and kisses.
      When He says, "By God, I've had enough of you!"
      it's like an eternal spring
      flowing from the fountain of life.

      A "No" from his lips is a thousand times "Yes."
      On this selfless path
      He acts like a stranger
      yet He's your dearest friend.

      His infidelity is faith,
      His stones are jewels,
      His holding back is giving,
      His ruthlessness is mercy.

      You may laugh at me and say,
      "The path you're on is full of curves!"
      Yes - for the curve of His eyebrow
      I have traded in my soul!

      This curvy path has gotten me drunk,
      I cannot say another word!
      Carry on, my glorious heart,
      finish the poem in silence . . .

      O Shams, Lord of Tabriz,
      What sweetness you pour upon me -
      All I need to is open my mouth
      and all your songs flow out.

      - Rumi. Translation by Jonathan Star, Rumi - In the Arms of the
      Beloved. posted to Sunlight

      A total acceptance of yourself brings about
      A total transcendence of yourself.