#2269 - September 23, 2005 - Editor: Gloria

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2005

      Nondual Highlights
      #2269 - September 23, 2005 - Editor: Gloria

      Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are.
      -- Jose Ortega y Gasset

      How can I accept or reject anything? Is there anything apart or distinct from Brahman? Now, finally and clearly, I know that I am the Atman, whose nature is eternal joy. I see nothing. I hear nothing. I know nothing that is separate from me.

      -Sankara

      from "The Wisdom of the Hindu Gurus," edited by Timothy Freke

      Not Here

      There's courage involved if you want
      to become truth.  There is a broken-

      open place in a lover.  Where are
      those qualities of bravery and sharp

      compassion in this group?  What's the
      use of old and frozen thought?  I want

      a howling hurt.  This is not a treasury
      where gold is stored; this is for copper.

      We alchemists look for talent that
      can heat up and change.  Lukewarm

      won't do. Halfhearted holding back,
      well-enough getting by?  Not here.

      -Rumi

      posted to nondualnow by Aly

      The curious paradox is that when I accept myself
      just as I am, then I can change.
      -- Carl Rogers

      Here's your Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana --

      Bent

      By Ivan M. Granger
      (1969 - )

      Yogis, you should
      sit up,
      stand tall.

      Yogis, you should
      keep that spine alert.

      But hear
      my bent secret:

      All saints slouch.

      God’s lovers lean
      into the divine embrace
      and there
      let the years pass.

      Struggling for straightness,
      your strivings shaken,

      learn what true knowers know:

      Effort clears the way,
      but the steps
      are already taken.

      ============

      Thought for the Day:

      Every person: God.
      Every animal, every plant: God.
      Everthing: God, God!
      The slightest contact is worship.

      ============

      Here's your Daily Music selection --

      Katy Taylor

      Mirabilis

      Listen - Purchase

      More Music Selections

      Hi Gloria -

      A poem by someone named Ivan today. I hope you enjoy.

      Let's all lean our way into God...

      Ivan

      Recent Poetry Chaikhana Forum Topics

      The search
      The People Still Grow
      the silent-song...

      Poetry Chaikhana Home

      New
      | Music | Teahouse | About | Contact | Links
      Poets by: Name| Tradition | Century | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | Commentary

      The Translucent Revolution
      What is translucence? What's it like to live that way? And why is the founder of Men's Wearhouse translucent?
      Interview by Deborah Caldwell
      For the last decade, Arjuna Ardagh has studied what he believes is a worldwide advance in human consciousness marked by what he calls “translucents”--people who've undergone a spiritual awakening that also allows them to remain involved in ordinary life. In his new book The Translucent Revolution, Ardagh interviews such spiritual gurus as Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie, and Neale Donald Walsch--all people who say they have become "translucent." Recently, Beliefnet Senior Editor Deborah Caldwell interviewed Ardagh, who also led her through a meditation exercise for becoming "translucent."

      Could you describe the experience of becoming translucent?

      The shift that initiates you into the translucent life is an awakening that is beyond thinking and feeling, and changing experiences. Most of the time, most of us are glued to thoughts and feelings, belief, desires, fears. And all we know is the content of what’s in the mind at that time. So we say, I am a vegetarian, I am a Democrat, I am afraid, I am angry. But we don’t really know in that moment who we are. Because who we really are is experiencing beliefs, experiencing thoughts, experiencing objects moving, sounds being heard. When we wake up to the one who is experiencing this moment, people describe that as absolutely peaceful. Not just loving, but love itself.

      My book documents 170 interviews with contemporary writers and teachers--13,000 surveys. And based upon those interviews, we believe there are three to four million people worldwide who have woken up to who they are beyond the mind. They realize that who they are is limitless consciousness beyond birth and death, absolutely free. Who they are is love itself.

      continues at:

      http://www.beliefnet.com/nllp/Inspiration.aspx?page=0&date=09-23-2005