#267 - Wednesday, September 21, 2005

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2005
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2267, Wednesday, September 21, 2005

      -----------

      I am not sure that I exist, actually, I am all the writers that I
      have read, all the people that I have met, all the women that I have
      loved, all the cities that I have visited, all my ancestors...

      - Jorge Luis Borges, as quoted in Never Mind - A Journey into Non-
      duality, by Wayne Liquorman

      -----------

      The fictitious me is an accumulation from the past.
      All that has been accumulated becomes the me sense.
      Only by dispelling this accumulation
      does the sacred present itself.

      - Adyashanti from My Secret is Silence

      -----------

      I speak frankly and that makes me happy:
      I am the slave of love, I am free of both worlds.

      I am a bird from heaven's garden. How do I describe that separation,
      my fall into this snare of accidents?

      I was an angel and highest paradise was my place.
      Adam brought me to this monastery in the city of ruin.

      The hours' caress, the pool and shade trees of paradise
      were forgotten in the breeze from your alleyway.

      There is nothing on the tablet of my heart but my love's tall alif.
      What can I do? My master taught me no other letter.

      No astrologer knew the constellations of my fate.
      O lord, when I was born of mother earth which stars were rising?

      Ever since I became a slave at the door of love's tavern
      sorrows come to me each moment with congratulations.

      The pupil of my eye drains the blood from my heart.
      I deserve it. Why did I give my heart to the darling of others?

      Wipe the tears from Hafiz's face with soft curls
      or else this endless torrent will uproot me.

      - Hafiz, Ghazal 44, posted to AlphaWorld

      -----------

      If you want it [realization], it will come. There is
      no qualification necessary, except wanting it.
      That is the only qualification. If it is not wanted,
      it will not come. It comes when it is wanted,
      - but wanted wholly, not a little.

      - Swami Krishnananda, from Your Questions Answered, The Divine Life
      Trust Society, 1995, posted to AlongTheWay

      -----------

      Just as plants
      are greened
      so we are as well

      As we grow up
      our 'spark of life'

      Continually 'shines forth'

      If we ignore this 'spark' .
      . this greening power
      we become thirsty
      and shriveled ...

      And if we respond
      to the 'spark'
      we flower

      Our task is to flower
      to come into'full blossom' ...

      Before
      our 'time' comes to an end.

      - Hildegaard of Bingen, posted to Poetic_Mysticism