#2261 - Friday, September 16, 2005

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2005
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2261, Friday, September 16, 2005

      -----------

      What the world needs more than anything is bodhisattvas, active
      servants of peace, `clothed,' as Longchenpa said, `in the armor of
      perseverance,' dedicated to their bodhisattva vision and to the
      spreading of wisdom into all reaches of our experience. We need
      bodhisattva lawyers, bodhisattva artists and politicians,
      bodhisattva doctors and economists, bodhisattva teachers and
      scientists, bodhisattva technicians and engineers, bodhisattvas
      everywhere, working consciously as channels of compassion and wisdom
      at every level and in every situation of society; working to
      transform their minds and actions and those of others, working
      tirelessly in the certain knowledge of the support of the buddhas
      and enlightened beings for the preservation of our world and for a
      more merciful future.

      - Sogyal Rinpoche, from Glimpse After Glimpse,, posted to DailyDharma

      -----------

      To put out of the mind the principle from which action springs is
      the true teaching of the Buddhas, while dualism belongs to the
      sphere of the demons. Your true nature is something never lost to
      you even in moments of delusion, nor is it gained at the moment of
      Enlightenment.

      Huang Po

      -----------

      Discard all traditional standards. Leave
      them to the hypocrites. Only what liberates
      you from desire and fear and wrong ideas is
      good. As long as you worry about sin and
      virtue you will have no peace.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That, posted to AlongTheWay

      -----------

      Since we are the Creator... we do as we please.
      We create and we destroy... we pollute and we purify.
      We hate and we love... we kill and we heal
      we remember and we forget.

      But whatever we do
      we must experience the Consequences.
      All Consequences teach us... unmistakably
      that Love is the Answer.

      So... the next time we disagree with Foreigners
      we send them Bread... Cookies and Wine instead of Bombs!

      Violence Creates Violence... Love Creates Love

      - posted to CosmicCookies

      I am the goal of life, the Lord and support of all, the inner
      witness, the abode of all. I am the only refuge, the one true
      friend; I am the beginning, the staying, and the end of creation; I
      am the womb and the eternal seed.

      I am heat; I give and withhold the rain. I am immortality and I am
      death; I am what is and what is not.

      -Bhagavad Gita 9:18-19, posted to MillionPaths