#2259 - Wednesday, September 14, 2005

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2005
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2259, Wednesday, September 14, 2005

      -----------

      Wild Geese

      You do not have to be good.
      You do not have to walk on your knees
      For a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
      You only have to let the soft animal of your body
      love what it loves.
      Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
      Meanwhile the world goes on.
      Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
      are moving across the landscapes,
      over the prairies and the deep trees,
      the mountains and the rivers.
      Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
      are heading home again.
      Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
      the world offers itself to your imagination,
      calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting -
      over and over announcing your place
      in the family of things.

      - Mary Oliver, posted to JustThis

      -----------

      Before we reach that point of unity with space, the mind has to be
      strong, stable and clear. That's why we meditate. Generally
      speaking, the mind is always outside or inside itself - `inside' in
      that it's self-obsessed, and `outside' in that it is always leaving.
      However, by developing mindfulness and awareness, the mind is being
      drawn back to itself in a positive way: by settling, it becomes an
      ally. We're completely in tune and harmonious with it, and it's a
      joy and a relief to be ourselves.

      - from the book, Turning the Mind into an Ally, by Sakyong Mipham,
      posted to DailyDharma

      -----------

      True happiness cannot arise until the identification
      with the body-mind apparatus is demolished.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, from A Net of Jewels, posted to AlongTheWay

      -----------

      Disappearance

      The leaf tips bend
      under the weight of dew.
      Fruits are ripening
      in Earth's early morning.
      Daffodils light up in the sun.
      The curtain of cloud at the gateway
      of the garden path begins to shift:
      have pity for childhood,
      the way of illusion.

      Late at night,
      the candle gutters.
      In some distant desert,
      a flower opens.
      And somewhere else,
      a cold aster
      that never knew a cassava patch
      or gardens of areca palms,
      never knew the joy of life,
      at that instant disappears -
      man's eternal yearning.

      - Thich Nhat Hanh, posted to AlphaWorld

      The child asked, what does remain when we die?. The
      Master answered: all what we have done for the others.

      - posted to AdvaitaToZen