#2253 - Wednesday, September 7, 2005

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7 9:54 PM
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2253 Wednesday, September 7, 2005

      -----------

      Since appearances are the natural display of the mind, it is
      unnecessary to abandon them. Tilopa indicated this when he said, 'It
      is not by appearances that you are fettered, but by fixation on
      them. So abandon that fixation.' It is not what you experience that
      causes confusion, it is your fixation on the experience as being
      inherently what it appears to be. Therefore only this fixation need
      be relinquished, not experience itself.

      - Gampopa, from The Instructions of Gampopa, published by Snow Lion,
      posted to DailyDharma

      -----------

      You are Emptiness, the Ultimate substance:
      remove Emptiness out of Emptiness, it leaves
      only Emptiness because there is nothing
      beyond It. All rises from, dances about it,
      and returns to This. As Ocean rises as a
      wave to dance so you are this dancing Emptiness!
      Nothing is out of this Emptiness and so it is the
      Fullness. Emptiness is between is and is not.
      To be Free, you need the firm conviction that you
      are this Substratum, this Peace, this Emptiness.

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      -----------

      The Breaking Wave of Love

      Ah, once more he put a fire in me,
      And once more this crazy heart
      is craving the open plains.
      This ocean of love breaks into another wave
      And blood pours from my heart
      in all directions.

      Ah, one spark flew
      and burned the house of my heart.
      Smoke filled the sky.
      The flames grew fierce in the wind.

      The fire of the heart is not easily lit.
      So don't cry out: "O Lord, rescue me
      from the burning flames!
      Spare me from the army of thoughts
      that is marching through my mind!"

      O Heart of Pure Consciousness,
      You are the ruler of all hearts.
      After countless ages
      you brought my soul
      all it ever wished for.

      The eyes of all people happy and sad,
      are closed to the truth.
      May their eyes be opened!
      May they look upon God
      and get drunk on His beauty.

      May their hands reach toward the Truth.
      May their ears hear the voice of the Beloved.
      May the shadow of a Master
      fall upon everyone who has devotion.

      All the world praises you,
      But where did this "you" come from?
      All the universe is born of Love -
      But where did this Love come from?

      O Shams,
      you are the owner of the land of life -
      the light of every heart;
      Even the King of Love
      knows no love
      that is not yours.

      - Rumi, from A Garden Beyond Paradise: The Mystical Poetry of Rumi,
      translated by Jonathan Star, posted to AlphaWorld

      -----------

      Firm, perfect, flawless, bright
      Abidance in the Self alone
      Snaps all bondage to the non-self.
      Viveka (discrimination), which sorts out the false
      From the Truth, which is one's being,
      Aids freedom from desire.

      - Muruganar, from Garland of Gurus Sayings,posted to MillionPaths

      -----------

      By God, don't linger
      in any spiritual benefit you have gained,
      but yearn for more - like one suffering from illness
      whose thirst for water is never quenched.
      This Divine Court is the Plane of the Infinite.
      Leave the seat of honor behind;
      let the Way be your seat of honor.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi II: 1960-1961, from Jewels of Remembrance, version
      by Camille and Kabir Helminski, posted to Sunlight