#2243 - Sunday, August 28, 2005

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2005
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2243 Sunday, August 28, 2005

      -----------

      33. As a fletcher makes straight his arrow, a wise man makes
      straight his trembling and unsteady thought, which is difficult to
      guard, difficult to hold back.

      34. As a fish taken from his watery home and thrown on dry ground,
      our thought trembles all over in order to escape the dominion of
      Mara (the tempter).

      35. It is good to tame the mind, which is difficult to hold in and
      flighty, rushing wherever it listeth; a tamed mind brings happiness.

      36. Let the wise man guard his thoughts, for they are difficult to
      perceive, very artful, and they rush wherever they list: thoughts
      well guarded bring happiness.

      - Buddha, from the Dhammapada Chapter 3 Translated by F. Max Muller,
      posted to DailyDharma

      -----------

      When the Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara
      Was Coursing in the Deep Prajna Paramita,
      He Perceived That All Five Skandhas Are Empty.
      Thus He Overcame All Ills and Suffering.

      Oh, Sariputra, Form Does not Differ From the Void, And the Void Does
      Not Differ
      From Form.
      Form is Void and Void is Form;
      The Same is True For Feelings,
      Perceptions, Volitions and Consciousness.

      Sariputra, the Characteristics of the Voidness of All Dharmas
      Are Non-Arising, Non-Ceasing, Non-Defiled, Non-Pure, Non-Increasing,
      Non-Decreasing.

      Therefore, in the Void There Are No Forms, No Feelings, Perceptions,
      Volitions
      or Consciousness.

      No Eye, Ear, Nose, Tongue, Body or Mind; No Form, Sound, Smell,
      Taste, Touch or
      Mind Object; No Realm of the Eye, Until We Come to No realm of
      Consciousness.

      No ignorance and Also No Ending of Ignorance, Until We Come to No
      Old Age and
      Death and No Ending of Old Age and Death.

      Also, There is No Truth of Suffering,
      Of the Cause of Suffering,
      Of the Cessation of Suffering, Nor of the Path.

      There is No Wisdom, and There is No Attainment Whatsoever.

      Because There is Nothing to Be Attained, The Bodhisattva Relying On
      Prajna
      Paramita Has
      No Obstruction in His Mind.

      Because There is No Obstruction, He Has no Fear,
      And He passes Far Beyond Confused Imagination,
      And Reaches Ultimate Nirvana.
      The Buddhas of the Past, Present and Future, By Relying on Prajna
      Paramita Have
      Attained Supreme Enlightenment.

      Therefore, the Prajna Paramita is the Great Magic Spell,
      The Spell of Illumination, the Supreme Spell, Which Can Truly
      Protect One From
      All Suffering Without Fail.

      Therefore He Uttered the Spell of Prajnaparmita, Saying Gate, Gate,
      Paragate, Parasamgate, Bodhi Svaha.

      - excerpt from lecture on The Heart Sutra, by HH the Dalai Lama,
      posted to AdvaitaToZen

      -----------

      Love is a state of Being. Your love is not
      outside; it is deep within you. You can never
      lose it, and it cannot leave you. It is not
      dependent on some other body, some
      external form.

      - Eckhart Tolle, from Practicing the Power of Now, posted to
      AlongTheWay

      -----------

      "We are free here and now, it is only the mind that
      imagines bondage. Seeing that there is no such
      thing as a permanent, separate person, all becomes
      clear. You are the immensity and infinity of
      consciousness. It is lucid, silent, peaceful, alert,
      and unafraid - without desire and fear.
      To realize this is the end of all seeking.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      -----------

      O prisoner of time,
      I was a secret treasure of kindness and generosity,
      and I wished this treasure to be known,
      so I created a mirror: its shining face, the heart;
      its darkened back, the world;
      The back would please you if you've never seen the face.

      - Rumi , from Love is a Stranger,translated by Kabir Helminski and
      posted to MillionPaths

      -----------

      Forget the world, and so command the world.

      Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder.
      Help someone's soul heal.
      Walk out of your house like a shepherd.

      Stay in the spiritual fire. Let it cook you.
      Be a well-baked loaf and lord of the table.
      Come and be served to your brothers.

      You have been a source of pain.
      Now you'll be the delight.

      You have been an unsafe house. Now you'll
      be the One who sees into the Invisible.

      I said this, and a Voice came to my ear,
      "If you become this, you will be That! "

      Then Silence,
      and now more Silence.

      A mouth is not for talking.
      A mouth is for tasting this Sweetness.

      - Rumi, Ghazal 3090,version by Coleman Barks, posted to Sunlight