#2238 - Monday, August 22, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2005
      The Nondual Highlights
      #2238 - Monday, August 22, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

       O seeker,
       These thoughts have such power over you.
       From nothing you become sad.
       From nothing you become happy.

       You are burning in the flames
       but I will not let you out
       until you are fully baked,
       fully wise and fully yourself.

       - Rumi

       ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      "Rumi - In the arms of the Beloved"
      Versions by Jonathan Star
      Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam, New York 1997

      posted to Along the Way

      That which isn't within us, will not manifest itself outward...
      - Dalai Lama

      Awakening to Total Revolution: Enlightenment and the World Crisis

      by Vimala Thakar

      [excerpt is from concluding paragraphs]

      If we penetrate to the essentials, however, we will discover that there is nothing fundamental that differentiates any human being from another, or any human being from any other living creature. All are manifestations of life, created with the same life principles and nurtured by the same life-support systems. Oneness is absolute reality; differentiation has only transitory, relative reality.

      It is not sufficient that a few in society penetrate to the depths of living and offer fascinating accounts about the oneness of all beings. What is necessary in these critical times is that all sensitive and caring people make a personal discovery of the fact of oneness and allow compassion to flow in their lives. When compassion and realization of oneness becomes the dynamic of human relationship, then humankind will evolve.

      We are suffering throughout the world in the darkness of the misery we have created. By believing in the fragmentary and the superficial, we have failed to live together in peace and harmony, and so darkness looms very large on the horizon. It's in such darkness that common people such as you and I feel the urgency to go deeper, to abandon superficial approaches that are inadequate and to activate the creative forces available to each of us as expressions of wholeness. The vast intelligence that orders the cosmos is available to all. The beauty of life, the wonder of living, is that we share creativity, intelligence, and unlimited potential with the rest of the cosmos. If the universe is vast and mysterious, we are vast and mysterious. If it contains innumerable creative energies, we contain innumerable creative energies. If it has healing energies, we also have healing energies. To realize that we are not simply physical beings on a material planet, but that we are whole beings, each a miniature cosmos, each related to all of life in intimate, profound ways, should radically transform how we perceive ourselves, our environments, our social problems. Nothing can ever be isolated from wholeness.

      There is much unexplored potential in each human being. We are not just flesh and bone or an amalgamation of conditionings. If this were so, our future on this planet would not be very bright. But there is infinitely more to life, and each passionate being who dares to explore beyond the fragmentary and superficial into the mystery of totality helps all humanity perceive what it is to be fully human. Revolution, total revolution, implies experimenting with the impossible. And when an individual takes a step in the direction of the new, the impossible, the whole human race travels through that individual.

      link posted By Ben Hassine to MillionPaths

      S: Pete, what is morally mature to you?

      P: To me, moral maturity means to
      acknowledge problems, and to be
      willing to share in their solution.
      The immature prefers to ignore
      problems and see if other solve them
      for them. We now live in a global village,
      and we are living as if we were the
      village's idiot.

      Acknowledge there is a problem.
      Learn what the solution is.
      Spread the word.
      Change your life style.
      Make the sacrifices.
      Know it means you, your family,
      your country. You don't live in a
      separate country, you live on a piece
      of land which is connected to the
      furthest corner of the world. Forest
      fires burning in Indonesia, will impact
      your life. Ice caps melting will change
      your climate. Your backyard is going
      to get hotter, dryer, more unpleasant
      soon.

      So, use air conditioning, and heat less,
      drive less, walk more, or use public
      transportation. Support politicians
      and corporations who are for a
      a healthy environment, And spread
      the word: Armageddon is brewing on
      the stove and we are the cooks.
      Humanity is at a crossroad and both
      paths have big signs: one reads, to
      Responsible living; the other, to Extinction.

      Pete

      posted to Advaita to Zen by Pete

      “Your fate is what you do, because first it is what you are.”

      Ralph W. Emerson

      "A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble."

      Mohandas Gandhi

      posted to AlphaWorld

      "To begin with, just give up any expectations of
      yourself. That's a simple good instruction for
      how to meditate."
      ~Pema Chödrön

      From the web site, "The Threefold Purity."

      http://www.shambhalasun.com/Archives/Columnists/Pema/PemaMay98.htm

      posted to Daily Dharma

      photo by Alan Larus

      "And Spirit grasped a handful of southerly wind,
      blew breath over it and created the horse...
      Virtue bound in the hair of the forelock,
      a gaze from the depths of dream,
      given the power of flight without wings"

      —From a Bedouin Tale and Koran Blessing

      from "Be Lost in the Call"

      "O prisoner of time,
      I was a secret treasure of kindness and generosity,
      and I wished this treasure to be known,
      so I created a mirror: its shining face, the heart;
      its darkened back, the world;
      The back would please you if you've never seen the face."

      ~ Rumi ~

      "Love is a Stranger", Kabir Helminski
      Threshold Books, 1993