#2209 - Saturday, July 23, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2005
      #2209 - Saturday, July 23, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Letter to the Editors: Click 'Reply' on your email program, compose your message, and 'Send'. All the editors will see your letter

      This issue welcomes the newest members of our list family, Ashton True and Livia Regina Anne. If you cannot see your face before you were born, the one you were born with is a good place to start.

      from an article about Thomas Merton:

      Merton's intense interest in Buddhism troubled some Catholic traditionalists.

      He took the criticism with equanimity. In 1965, he mocked the fuss in "Day of a Stranger," an account of his daily routine as the abbey's first hermit: "What I wear is pants. What I do is live. How I pray is breathe. Who said Zen? Wash out your mouth if you said Zen. If you see a meditation going by, shoot it."
      read entire story

      "What can I do to attain Enlightenment?" asked
      the eager disciple.

      "See Reality as it is," said the Master.

      "Well, what can I do to see Reality as it is?"

      The Master smiled and said, "I have good news
      and bad news for you, my friend."

      "What's the bad news?"

      "There's nothing you can do to see -
      it's a gift."

      "And what's the good news?"

      "There's nothing you can to do see -
      it's a gift."

      Anthony de Mello, S.J.

      posted to Awareness-TheWaytoLove

             The joy which is
              in Revelation
              is nowhere else.
              No amount of
              perception
              thinking
              projecting
              planning
              doing
              efforts
              achieving
              ever will give you
              that joy
              that radiance
              which Revelation does.

                            - Swami Amar Jyoti

              ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      "In Light of Wisdom"
      Swami Amar Jyoti
      Truth Consciousness, Boulder, Colorado, 1983

      posted to AlongtheWay

      photo of Livia Regina Anne by Ben Hassine

      "Love itself is the actual form of God."
        "Letters from Sri Ramanasramam"  by Suri Nagamma

      One who knows the secret of that love

      finds the world itself full of universal love.

      The experience of not forgetting consciousness, alone,

      is the state of devotion

      which is the relationship of unfading real love,

      because the real knowledge of Self,

      which shines as the undivided supreme bliss itself,

      surges up as the nature of love.

      Only if one knows the truth of love,

      which is the real nature of Self,

      will the strong entangled knot of life be untied.

      Only if one attains the height of love will liberation be attained.

      Such is the heart of all religions.

      The experience of Self is only love,

      which is seeing only love,

      hearing only love,

      feeling only love,

      tasting only love

      and smelling only love,

      which is bliss."

      posted  to MillionPaths by Gloria Lee

      Welcome, Ashton True. Congratulations to Grandma Mazie Lane and to Bob, and to Evelyn.

      Look around and see if you can find a single genuinely happy person - fearless, free from insecurities, anxieties, tensions, worries.  You would be lucky if you found one in a hundred thousand.  This should lead you to be suspicious of the programming and the beliefs that you and they hold in common.

      From -
      The Way to Love

          Anthony de Mello

      "Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily; and why older persons, especially if vain or important, cannot learn at all."

      Thomas Szaz

      posted to AlphaWorld

      may my heart always be open to little
      birds who are the secrets of living
      whatever they sing is better than to know
      and if men should not hear them men are old

      may my mind stroll about hungry
      and fearless and thirsty and supple
      and even if it's sunday may i be wrong
      for whenever men are right they are not young

      and may myself do nothing usefully
      and love yourself so more than truly
      there's never been quite such a fool who could fail
      pulling all the sky over him with one smile

      *e.e. cummings

       posted by Michael Rawls

      posted to Dzogchen Practice

      This Great Perfection is already fully present... and always remains
      as-it-is.  It's just Being.  There's nothing to figure out or
      maintain once re-discovered.  You can't attain it.... can't earn it
      by virtuous actions or lose it from negative karma.  No
      visualizations to practice nor mantras required. No special conduct
      to follow or avoid.  It's something like space, empty voidness but
      aware and radiant.  No shape or materiality.  It's knowingness
      without recourse to thinking.  Its nature is joyous just as water
      is wet.  In the ocean of Being, thoughts and emotions are simply
      waves arising and vanishing from moment to moment.  The waves can't
      be separated from the ocean, they are simply the ocean's energy
      manifesting in myriad ways.  All objective reality is just this...
      the waves of Being.  Coming to understand this Being in Dzogchen is
      through Direct Introduction.  This is like looking in a mirror.

      Livia and Dad