#2204 - Saturday, July 16, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2005
      Nondual Highlights
      #2204 - Saturday, July 16, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Letter to the Editors: Click 'Reply' on your email program, compose your message, and 'Send'. All the editors will see your letter

      “Time is in the mind, space is in the mind.

      The law of cause and effect is also a way of thinking.

      I n reality all is here and now and all is one.

      Multiplicity and diversity are in the mind only.”

      Nisargadatta Maharaj

      posted to AlphaWorld

             Discard every self-seeking motive
             as soon as it is seen and you need
             not search for truth; truth will find

                               - Nisargadatta Maharaj

             ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      "I Am That"
      Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
      The Acorn Press, 1973

      posted to AlongtheWay

      In that which we share,
      let us see the common prayer of humanity.
      In that which we differ,
      let us wonder at the freedom of humankind.

      -- A Jewish prayer
      quoted in "The Gift of Prayer" edited by Fellowship in Prayer

            Love others
            because Light is in them
            not because of the person.
            one day you'll miss them
            you'll lose them.

            Love others
            because Light is within them.
            That's the Principle.
            Then you'll never miss them
            even if they die
            because the Principle
            is still existent.

            Embodied or disembodied
            it's the Principle
            which fulfills.

                          - Swami Amar Jyoti

            ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      "In Light of Wisdom"
      Swami Amar Jyoti
      Truth Consciousness, Boulder, Colorado, 1983

      Archive for AlongTheWay can be accessed at:

      Amusing Nisargadatta Maharaj Quotation

      Quote from an interview with David Godman about Nisargadatta Maharaj

      “I told you a few minutes ago that Maharaj discounted all theories of reincarnation, but he did tell one story that possibly indicated that we had all been searching for God in India before.

           'At the end of the Ramayana,' he said, 'all the animals who had helped Ram to win the war were given rewards. The monkeys were all told that they could go to a monkey heaven. Now, what is heaven to a monkey? Vast quantities of food, lots of fighting, and limitless sex. So, all the monkeys were reborn as human beings in the West in the twentieth century to experience their idea of "heaven". After some time, though, they all began to get bored of all this excess. One by one, they all started coming back to India because they wanted to find Ram and be with him again.'   ”

      Thanks to Sam Pasiencier

      "That's the remarkable thing, isn't it?  Enlightenment is ruthlessly intelligent.  Peace
      doesn't get involved in any of the details -- one's historical, moral, religious, spiritual,
      racial, political, educational, or social background and so on.  Not one iota.  Wisdom
      cares nothing about these things.  Freedom only knows of this one eternally present
      moment.  That makes it all very, very simple -- no need to complicate it.  With no
      historical or future entaglements, there is just this one immediate choice:  Are you
      completely willing TO BE that which you say you love and revere, no matter what the
      circumstances?  No pause, no hesitation, no deliberation.  If you say yes and proceed to
      speak or think or act in a way that contradicts it, then it begs the question, are you
      serious about this?  This simple question, "The way you are living this instant, does it
      work?" is profoundly useful.  If it isn't working, then what will it take?

      If we are not wisdom, if we are not freedom, if we are not serenity this very instant,
      then what good is any of this?  If we are, then in our very being here, we offer the most
      precious and joyful gift in the world to everyone around us.  Infinitely more than
      thousands of philosophies or religions, or millions of words.  It's that simple.

      from openmindopenheart dialogues  Scott Morrison
      Anna Ruiz on SatsangDiary

      Here is a quote from Swami Bhashyananda in From the Unreal to the Real:

      "But how does Vedanta explain the nature of the world as the average man
      experiences it? Upanishadic teachers proclaim that the world is not a creation
      like a pot. It is simply the breathing of the Lord. It may be compared with the
      waves of the ocean, music given out by a musical instrument and hair and nails
      coming out of the body, or sparks of fire."
      --Swami Bhasyananda

      The Cherokee word for God is "Adanvdo"~Great Heart, Great Spirit flowing through
      and animating all things. This, too is a similar understanding.

      Blessings of this day to all!

      In Bhagavan,
      Sister Judith, Hermit of Sarada

      The goose is out!

      harp notes
      coming from the beyond--
      the goose is out!

      Consciousness is all there is.

      When consciousness is trapped in a mind it is called ego.
      The Zen koan, the goose is out; refers to a baby goose that is
      put in a bottle. As the goose grows it becomes difficult to get
      out without breaking the bottle or fatally damaging the goose.
      The bottle is your mind and the goose is consciousness.

      When some Zen people awaken, they say: The goose is out!
      In fact the goose was never really in. Just a part of the ocean of
      consciousness, a few drops, pretends to be your ego for a while.
      The ocean is always the ocean and when those few drops return
      they are again dissolved in the Whole, as if they had never left.

      The problem is that your mind can understand the logic before
      you are reunited with the ocean. This often gives rise to borrowed
      knowledge that is not verified by your own experience. The answer
      to this koan lies in the transcendence of your own mind in awakening.
      Not in the collective borrowed knowledge that many seekers adopt
      as their own.

      Make a list of the spiritual knowledge you have verified with
      direct experience. Compare this with the huge amount of borrowed
      knowledge that you carry around. While the goose is stuck in the bottle,
      you are identified with your mind. Your mind acquires spiritual knowledge
      and uses it to feel superior. Superiority is another victory for your spiritual ego.
      When the goose is really loose you will know it.’

      posted to ConsciousOneness