#2193 - Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2005

      #2193 - Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Letter to the Editors: Click 'Reply' on your email program, compose your message, and 'Send'. All the editors will see your letter

      This issue features the catalogue of a fine small publishing company, Monkfish Publishing. I've read a few of their books: Enlightenment Blues, which is about life on Andrew Cohen's ashram and is excerpted here: http://www.nonduality.com/hl1595.htm; the Lankavatara Sutra, which is pure nondual scripture that belongs in any nonduality library; and Open Secrets, which I excerpted here: http://www.nonduality.com/hl2179.htm

      A lot of these books look good. That one SLEEPING IN CAVES: A Sixties Himalayan Memoir, looks intriguing. Lots of good titles here.

      CLICK ON BOOK IMAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION

      THE EVOLUTIONARY MIND
      Conversations on Science, Imagination & Spirit

      By Rupert Sheldrake, Terence McKenna & Ralph Abraham
      ISBN
      0-9749359-7-2
      Available
      April 2005
      226 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95
      A jam-session of the mind, an intellectual movable feast...

      PAIN, SEX AND TIME
      A New Outlook on Evolution and the Future of Man
      By Gerald Heard
      Foreword by Huston Smith
      ISBN 0-9749359-1-3
      Available December 2004
      400 pages, trade paperback
      $18.95
      PR
      OVENANCE EDITIONS

      The Women Who Danced By The Sea
      Finding Ourselves in the Stories of our
      Biblical Foremothers
      By Marsha Mirkin, Ph.D.
      ISBN 0-9749359-0-5
      Available Now
      256 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95

      "This is a wise and wonderful book, a book to open minds and nourish souls."  -Rabbi Harold Kushner, When Bad Things Happen To Good People

      http://www.monkfishpublishing.com/pages/Books.htm

      OPEN SECRETS
      The Letters of Reb Yerachmiel ben Yisrael
      By Rami M. Shapiro
      ISBN 0-9749359-2-1
      Available Now
      120 pages, trade paperback
      $14.95

      "A prophetic voice for a twenty-first-cetury Judaism."
      Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi

      PILGRIM OF LOVE
      The Life and Teachings of Swami Kripalu
      Atma Jo Ann Levitt, Editor
      ISBN 0-9749359-3-X
      Available Now
      275 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95

      "One of the greatest kundalini yogis in the twentieth century." - Stephen Cope

      THE RELIGION OF MAN

      By Rabindranath Tagore
      Foreword by Philip Novak
      ISBN 9-9726357-8-5
      Available Now
      200 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95

      PROVENANCE EDITIONS
      The Nobel Laureate's lectures on religion delivered at Oxford.

      HAPPY MAISY COLEMAN
      A Novel

      By Juli Huss
      ISBN
      0-9726357-7-7
      Available Now
      275 pages, trade paperback
      $
      14.95

      "Happy Maisy Coleman is hypnotic and hysterical. Make yourself HAPPY, honey and read it!E. Jean Carroll, ELLE magazine

      GINNY GOOD
      A Mostly True Story
      By Gerard Jones
      ISBN 0-9726357-5-0
      Available Now
      368 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95

      "Weirdly Triumphant." Scott Spencer

      http://www.monkfishpublishing.com/pages/Books.htm

      OUT OF THE LABYRINTH
      Who We Are, How We Go Wrong and What We Can Do About It
      By Carl Frankel
      ISBN 0-9726357-6-9
      Available Now
      256 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95

      "Raises the literature on sustainability to a new level. Destined to be a classic." —Hazel Henderson

      GOODBYE, AMELIA.
      Fictions
      By Simone Felice
      ISBN 9-9726357-9-3
      Available Now
      202 pages, trade paperback
      $12

      "No one is doing what Felice is doing." BBC Radio

      ENLIGHTENMENT BLUES
      My Years with an American Guru
      By Andre van der Braak
      ISBN
      0-9726357-1-8
      Available Now
      256 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95

      “Ruthlessly honest and unsettling… a vivid account….essential reading….” Stephen Batchelor

      THE LANKAVATARA SUTRA
      An Epitomized Version

      Translated by D.T. Suzuki
      Compiled and Edited by Dwight Goddard
      New Foreword by John Daido Loori
      PROVENANCE EDITIONS
      ISBN 0-9726357-4-2
      Available Now
      176 pages, hardcover
      $18.00

      Monkfish is proud to re-introduce this spiritual classic as its first book in its Provenance Editions  line.

      SLEEPING IN CAVES
      A Sixties Himalayan Memoir

      By Marilyn Stablein
      ISBN
      0-9726357-0-X
      Available Now
      224 pages, trade paperback
      $16.00

      "The author's eye is open wide, and her writing is fresh, funny and exhilarating." Peter Matthiessen

      A SENSE OF THE COSMOS
      Scientific Knowledge and Spiritual Truth

      By Jacob Needleman
      ISBN
      0-9726357-2-6
      Available Now
      178 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95

      “...demanding of the best in us while comprehending the pain and problems. So full of common sense." Lawrence LeShan

      AROUSING THE GODDESS
      Sex and Love in the Buddhist Ruins of India

      By Tim Ward
      ISBN
      0-9726357-3-4
      Available Now
      256 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95

      Ward’s vision of the Asian world is vivid, entertaining, and disturbing.” Library Journal

                      FORTHCOMING TITLES

      THE BLACK PEARL
      Spiritual Illumination in Sufism and East Asian Philosophies

      Henry Bayman
      ISBN 0-9749359-5-6
      Available June 2005
      224 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95

      John Crow Speaks
      The Earth Teachings
      of the Jamaican Elders

      Chet Alexander
      ISBN 0-9749359-4-8
      Available Sept 2005
      240 pages, trade paperback
      $16.95

      .

      The metaphysical intuition
      Seeing God with Open Eyes
      Commentaries on the Bhagavad Gita

      Swami Siddheswarananda
      Translated by Andr
      é van den Brink
      ISBN 0-9749359-8-0
      Available Nov 2005
      200 pages, trade paperback
      $16.96

      THE MIND PARASITES
      The Supernatural, Metaphysical Cult Thriller

      Colin Wilson
      ISBN 0-9749359-5-6
      Available Oct 2005
      224 pages, trade paperback