#2192 - Monday, July 4, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2005
      Nondual Highlights
      #2192 - Monday, July 4, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The ultimate state is ever present and always now. The only thing that makes it difficult to find that state and remain in that state is people wanting to retain their position in space and time.

      "I want to know where I am going.
      I want to know if I have arrived.
      I want to know who to love and hate.
      I want to know.
      I don’t really want to be; I want to know.
      Isn’t enlightenment the ultimate state of knowing?"

      No. It’s the ultimate state of being.
      The price is knowing.

      ~ Adyashanti

      From Consciousness -- There Are No Mistakes

      No matter how much you have achieved here, unless you know the
      living truth you are like a seed that has not sprouted and you have
      missed the true purpose of human existence.

      And even if your life has been full of suffering and mistakes,
      it takes only this knowing to redeem it and retrospectively
      endow the seemingly meaningless with profound meaning.

      If all your mistakes have taken you to this point, this realization,
      how could they have been mistakes?

      "I am not what happens, but the space in which it happens."
      This knowing, this living truth, frees you from identification with form,
      from time as well as from a false, mind-made sense of self.

      What is that space in which everything happens?
      Consciousness prior to form.

      ~ Eckhart Tolle
         The Diamond in Your Pocket (Foreword)

      posted by Jani Roxburgh to TheNow_2

      photo by Alan Larus (and 2 more at link)

      "The mere sight of any living being--whether tiny or huge, whether our
      own kind or a different species --will arouse the feeling of
      gentleness and kindness. This is a very powerful feeling; in fact, it
      is the gateway to the experience of the perfect state of
      enlightenment.

      Having developed such kindness, gentleness, and openness of mind
      toward all beings, it is possible to genuinely feel the needs of
      others. A very true and honest concern for beings develops. Then, if
      at times a certain being projects aggression or hatred, the gentleness
      and kindness we have developed will help us feel and express an even
      stronger sense of compassion and gentleness."

                      ~Ven. Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche

      From the website
      http://www.kagyu.org/buddhism/tra/tra05.html

      posted to Daily Dharma

      The Master kept constantly reminding people
      of their robot-like existence: "How can you call
      yourself human if every one of your thoughts,
      feelings, and actions are mechanical, arising,
      not from yourself but your conditioning?"

      "Can anything break the conditioning and set us
      free?" the disciples asked.

      "Yes, awareness."

      The after a moment's thought he added, "And
      catastrophe."

      "Catastrophe?"

      "Yes. A very English Englishman once told me
      that after being shipwrecked in midocean and
      swimming with another Englishman for a whole
      hour, he finally succeeded in breaking loose
      from his conditioning and spoke without being
      introduced!"

      "What did he say?"

      "He said: 'Pardon me for speaking to you like
      this without being introduced, but is this the
      way to Southampton?'"

      ~ Anthony de Mello, S.J.

       posted to Awareness - The Way to Love

      Dear Harsha,
      Thank you so much for sharing this story about Anamalai Swami....
      [story: http://www.harshasatsangh.com/archive/MagazineV2/harsha/stories.html#annamalai ]

      I went to visit him while at Ramana Ashram about 1990...urged on by
      a friend. I was in dire straits...suffering immensely about a
      personal dilemma. We were packed like sardines in this little room
      and he walked in followed by an interpreter..
      People were asking him all sorts of questions and the urge for me to
      speak to him (despite my shyness) was getting stronger and stronger
      and stronger. Suddenly I blurted out to him...."I am feeling a deep
      piercing in my heart"....I was in tears by now and in the room you
      could hear a pin drop...Suddenly he turned his gaze toward
      me....looking me straight in the eyes. (It felt like an eternity
      passed) Then he said to me "To whom does this appear" I responded
      quickly--- "to me". A long silence. Then he said, "And, who are
      You"? The words went in and in and in....then everything changed.
      The pain was gone and in its place an incredible joy. The tears in
      my eyes flowed even more and I fell on my knees and bowed to him. I
      was totally out of control...it wasn't even me bowing...it was just
      happening and I could not take my eyes off of him nor stop bowing
      down to him. He smiled at me, stood up and at that point left the
      room. I could not move for a long time....waves of bliss swept over
      me. I finally left with my friends that had invited me and we
      danced our way down the street toward Ramana Ashram.

      That was my rather incredible only meeting with Anamalai Swami. I
      suppose I shall never forget it.

      So it was great to hear your story Harsha of that dear, dear
      Sage....Anamalai Swami

      Yours,
      Jim

      posted by Jim Rasa to HarshaSatsangh