#2191 - Sunday, July 3, 2005

  • mark otter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2191 Sunday, July 3, 2005

      The Source supplies you
      with the energy
      to reach It.

      When you seek
      the Light
      shall enlighten
      your path.

      And when you are longing
      for the Divine,
      for the Truth,
      That shall give you
      power and energy
      to tread on.

      - Swami Amar Jyoti, In Light of Wisdom, posted to AlongTheWay

      On Living Proof

      On living proof -

      we are not just talking in the air to sooth ourselves

      and feel good and get through the next week,

      we are actually sharing what we have directly realized

      and for that you need no teaching,

      you need no philosophy,

      you need no belief,

      you need no hope,

      you just need your direct experience

      and then the sharing is natural,

      and surprising and beautiful,

      what radiance -

      and what a gift then, to each of us -

      individually and collectively in this room

      and spread throughout -

      thatÂ’s the possibility of every life here.

      - Satsang with Gangaji, posted to JustThis

      Why doesn't the soul fly
      when it hears the call?

      A fish on the beach always
      moves toward wave-sound.

      A falcon hears the drum
      and brings its quarry home.

      Why doesn't every dervish
      dance in the sun?

      You've escaped the cage.
      Your wings are stretched
      out. Now, fly!

      You've stayed in sheds and out-buildings
      so long you think that's where you live!

      How many years, like children,
      do we have to collect sticks and pieces
      of broken pottery and pretend they're valuable?

      Let's leave childhood and go
      to the banquet of free human beings.

      Split open the cultural mould.
      Put your head up out of the sack.

      Hold this book in the air
      with your right hand. Are you old enough
      to know your right from your left?

      God said to clarity,
      and to death,
      Help them with discipline.
      To the soul,
      Move into the invisible.
      Take what's there,
      and don't sing
      the pain anymore.
      Call out that
      you are now the king.

      You have been given both the answer
      and an understanding of the question.

      -Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) 1353 - Version by Coleman Barks, from Say I am You, posted to Sunlight

      A word without meaning does its job even before it's uttered, but you go around chattering, showing you don't know what to do with yourself.

      Not knowing what to do with yourself," it is not being satisfied with your life, always thinking, talking, seeking solutions to problems which are not there. Dissatisfaction equals selfhood, and it's created by our own chatter. When for whatever reason searching for satisfaction, for enlightenment stops, then the chatter dies away, and the silence of seeing, and doing without a sense of self is there.

      - Ummon, posted to AdvaitaToZen

      A drop of water has the tastes of the water of the seven seas: there is no need to experience all the ways of worldly life. The reflections of the moon on one thousand rivers are from the same moon: the mind must be full of light.

      Hung Tzu-ch'eng (1593-1665), posted to AlphaWorld