#2178 - Monday, June 20, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2005

      Nondual Highlights
      #2178 - Monday, June 20, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

              Birdsong brings relief
              to my longing.

              I am just as ecstatic as they are,
              but with nothing to say!

              Please, universal soul, practice
              some song, or something, through me!

                         - Rumi

              ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      Version by Coleman Barks
      "Birdsong"
      Maypop, 1993

      from Along the Way

      Directions
      (excerpt)

      The best time is late afternoon
      when the sun strobes through
      the columns of trees as you are hiking up,
      and when you find an agreeable rock
      to sit on, you will be able to see
      the light pouring down into the woods
      and breaking into the shapes and tones
      of things and you will hear nothing
      but a sprig of birdsong or the leafy
      falling of a cone or nut through the trees,
      and if this is your day you might even
      spot a hare or feel the wing-beats of geese
      driving overhead toward some destination.

      But it is hard to speak of these things
      how the voices of light enter the body
      and begin to recite their stories
      how the earth holds us painfully against
      its breast made of humus and brambles
      how we who will soon be gone regard
      the entities that continue to return
      greener than ever, spring water flowing
      through a meadow and the shadows of clouds
      passing over the hills and the ground
      where we stand in the tremble of thought
      taking the vast outside into ourselves.

      ~ Billy Collins ~

      (The Art of Drowning)

      (NOTE: Due to technical problems, links to website may not work for a few days)

      posted by Michael Bindel to MillionPaths from

      THE MAHARSHI

      September/October 2002
      Vol. 12 - No. 5

      Produced & Edited by
      Dennis Hartel
      Dr. Anil K. Sharma

      Meet a Living Jnani

      I would like to ask you where I could meet a living Jnani, whether in India or US. Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

      With Love,

      Sergei Petrov, Estonia

      Yes, you can meet a living Jnani. It could happen in Russia, USA, India or even right where you are now. How to find the living Jnani? Totally dedicate your life to the search for Jnana within you. If you do this with one-pointedness and perseverance the Jnani or Jnana will automatically come to you. Since only a true Jnani can know another Jnani, there is no other sure way of finding a Jnani than this.

      - Editor

      May there be peace in the higher realms;
      may there be peace in the firmament;
      may there be peace on earth.

      May the waters flow peacefully;
      may the herbs and plants grow peacefully;
      may all the divine powers bring unto us peace.

      The Supreme Lord is peace.
      May we all be in peace, peace, and only peace;
      and may that peace come unto each of us.

      Source: Traditional

      2 Hummingbird eggs (For perspective: a common 2½" toothpick, marked in half inch segments.)

      THE BIRTH OF A HUMMINGBIRD

      This is truly amazing. Be sure to click on NEXT PAGE
      at the bottom of each page; there are 5 pages in all. A lady found a
      hummingbird nest and got pictures all the way from the egg to leaving
      the nest. Took 24 days from birth to flight. Because you'll probably
      never in your lifetime see this for real, enjoy; and please share.

      Alan's pictures and his poetry, it is so appreciated here in this corner of the world... as are you, Dear Gloria, Dear Friend, for sharing his images and ideas for our enjoyment and deep inquiry into Who Am I, or whatever Alan's artwork sparks in each one seeing and feeling what his eyes and Heart see, and hear, feel, and experience so abundantly for our own undeniable existence ... This Abundance of Nothing, so full of That.

      The following photos and comments are shared by Mazie Lane and Bob O'Hearn

      I really loved that he, or she, this bug, this beetle's shadow showed up.

      Here are two tiny bugs, Two-Not-Two in verdigris hues, and look at the fragile yet strong hairs of the leaf which they rest upon, aaahhh God-Rapscalions, (and how DO you spell that? telling myself - spellcheck, spellcheck. yeck! But here, the fine lovely little Loveones:

      Here is a photograph I just love so much because of its 'freshness,' it's so moist motionless Beauty, and these are the blossoms of an alpine strawberry, of which I have begun cultivating in number along with the beginning of growing Asian pears, and later when I relocate in the valley, blood oranges and key limes, lemon grass and whatever folks want and haven't easy, affordable access to.

      Now here's the picture I like the best, and Bob took this photograph, and then he inserted a portion of  "quotagement" as text into the picture:

      This quote came from a torn slip of paper that just "happened" to find itself in me mitts a few days ago, mysteriously available and apropos for the dialogue at our hand, and man, oh, man, wild, for I had somehow managed in all my "lover of leavings," (and sometimes the inevitable 'Caravan of Despair,') to have kept and carried it with me for over twenty-five years now:

      (Ancient Gaelic Proverb):

      "Imtheochaidh sor is soir.
      Adtainig ariamh An ghealach is an ghrian."

      "Everything that is and was will cease to be."

      Song of the Soul

      I am neither ego nor reason, I am neither mind nor thought,
      I cannot be heard nor cast into words, nor by smell nor sight ever
      caught:
      In light and wind I am not found, nor yet in earth and sky -
      Consciousness and joy incarnate, Bliss of the Blissful am I.

      I have no name, I have no life, I breathe no vital air,
      No elements have moulded me, no bodily sheath is my lair:
      I have no speech, no hands and feet, nor means of evolution -
      Consciousness and joy am I, and Bliss in dissolution.

      I cast aside hatred and passion, I conquered delusion and greed;
      No touch of pride caressed me, so envy never did breed:
      Beyond all faiths, past reach of wealth, past freedom, past desire
      Consciousness and joy am I, and Bliss is my attire.

      Virtue and vice, or pleasure and pain are not my heritage,
      Nor sacred texts, nor offerings, nor prayer, nor pilgrimage:
      I am neither food nor eating, nor yet the eater am I -
      Consciousness and joy incarnate, Bliss of the Blissful am I.

      I have no misgivings of death, no chasms of race divide me,
      No parent ever called me child, no bond of birth ever tied me:
      I am neither disciple nor master, I have no kin, no friend -
      Consciousness and joy am I, and merging in Bliss is my end.

      Neither knowable, knowledge, nor knower am I, formless is my form,
      I dwell within the senses but they are not my home:
      Ever serenely balanced, I am neither free nor bound -
      Consciousness and joy am I, and Bliss is where I am found.

      ~ Song of the Soul, by Shankaracharya