#2139 - Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2005
      The Nondual Highlights
      #2139 - Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Gabriel Rosenstock

      The nondualistic snail
      Never leaves a trail!
              Gabriel

      Arjuna Ardagh

      Dear Friends,

      I am extremely happy to inform you of the forthcoming publication of my new book "The Translucent Revolution." Please visit the book's website www.translucents.org, which contains an overview of the book, information about many of the people I interviewed, excerpts from a number of chapters, and endorsements and reviews.

      The First Instant
      by Gilbert Schultz

      All there is - is Knowing
      A guide to a direct, unmediated Knowing
      of your own true nature – Wakefulness
      Download a free copy of this e-book consisting of excerpts from the complete book: http://www.shiningthroughthemind.net/pages/TheFirstInstant.pdf

      What is the First Instant?

      What is the First Instant?

      The first instant can be described simply as this vast unbounded presence.  It is completely
      indescribable yet all talk is not about anything other than this presence.

      The first instant is all there is.

      There are actually no limitations to this space of knowing (which you are).  If you explore it, it
      simply opens up more and more as this unfolding first instant of knowing.

      As this moment unfolds before you, there is a ‘space of knowing’ in which everything unfolds.
      We call this unfolding, ‘time’.

      If you stay quietly present to this subtle unfolding of time, you may notice that everything of this
      unfolding is registering clearly within this space of knowing.  It never budges.  It has no qualities
      of coming or going to it.  It is as if this space of knowing is absolutely still.  The scale of these
      movements or unfolding vary from large and obvious movements down to very subtle impressions
      of change.

      All of these impressions are registering on awareness without causing any change to the space of
      knowing.

      This clear open cognizing is the first instant of knowing.

      Without a thought or story being attached to this open cognition, it remains clear and without
      hindrance.

      When the mind latches onto some movement in this unfolding, a fixation takes our attention into
      a mind realm.  This can be called inadvertence.  We tend to be less present to the unmediated
      registration of direct cognition.  In retrospective analysis, it appears that we had gone into the
      mind’s matrix.

      However, in the first instant of direct cognition, what we truly are has never gone anywhere.
      We are the first instant of cognition–knowing.

      There is nothing that is not of the first instant.  This instant right now is it.  All moments from the
      so-called past are it.  All moments of the so-called future are it.

      It is One moment—the first and only instant.

      What is this first instant?  You are this first instant. Unmediated knowing.

      There is no ‘other’ here in this first instant.

      You are the center of your world.  Start from the fact that YOU ARE.

      This immediate being-ness is not negotiable. It IS.

      Everything else is belonging to this flow of unfolding phenomenal changes.
      All that appears in this flow will disappear.

      Bob

      http://www.ramana-maharshi.org/downloads/talks_with_ramana_maharshi.pdf

      contains a copy of the first volume of "Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi."

      The "downloads" page of
      http://www.ramana-maharshi.org/
      says "We will be adding up to 50 books over the coming
      months - please keep returning"

      Bob