#2137 - Sunday, May 8, 2005

  • mark otter
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 4:41 PM

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2137 Sunday, May 8, 2005

      All the People in the World
      are the Oneness of the Universe in manifestation.
      However... the very Diversity and Separateness
      in our Reality suggest that we are Strangers.
      To rediscover our Universal Oneness
      is what Human Life is all about.
      We are the Unbroken Wholeness of the Universe
      expressed as Free... Separate and Individual Beings.
      Because of the Freedom and Diversity in our Creation
      we sometimes choose to behave like Enemies.
      It's called... The Play of God as Man.

      posted to CosmicCookies

      Beloved One,

      Let us not waste an instant of this precious appearance to one another, this invitation to surrender to Truth. That is why I am here. To point you to That.

      It is so simple, yet so profound, this homecoming, this realization that you have always been here. Love has always been here. Peace has always been here.

      Let there be peace among all people of the universe.
      Let there be peace.
      Let there be peace.
      Let there be peace.
      Om
      Shanti
      Shanti
      Shanti.

      - Gangaji

      Peach clouds drift in endlessness
      Dark pines sway in pure silence
      Flying sparrows are one with it
      Only an I could stand apart,
      But there is no I, or me
      Only completeness
      Briefly flashing
      Yet, eternal.

      Pete on AdvaitaToZen

      I used to have fiery intensity,
      and a flowing sweetness.

      The waters were illusion.
      The flames made of snow.

      Was I dreaming then?
      Am I awake now?

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks from Birdsong, posted to AlongTheWay

      I said to the wanting-creature inside me:
      What is this river you want to cross?
      There are no travelers on the river-road, and no road.
      Do you see anyone moving about on that bank, or
      nesting?

      There is no river at all, and no boat, and no boatman.
      There is no tow rope either, and no one to pull it.
      There is no ground, no sky, no time, no bank, no
      ford!

      And there is no body, and no mind!
      Do you believe there is some place that will make the
      soul less thirsty?

      In that great absence you will find nothing.

      Be strong then, and enter into your own body;
      there you have a sold place for your feet.
      Think about it carefully!
      Don't go off somewhere else!

      Kabir says this:
      Just throw away all thoughts of
      imaginary things,
      and stand firm in that which you are.

      - Kabir, posted to MillionPaths

      There is no one who needs to have the final understanding because that one who needs the final understanding is not there! The last illusion is that there is someone there who needs to be free or get it. Right here, right now, there is a clear luminous centre of pure being-awareness at your core which makes all thought, perception and feeling possible. Everything rises and sets within that. You are that now. See that. Be that. Let that resonate.

      Till now the focus has been almost exclusively on the content of awareness, with the belief that it is substantial, real and independently existing. Then the view shifts and the recognition occurs of the background of awareness that you really are. It is clearly recognized (in direct seeing) to be a continuous background of clear, steady presence in which all thoughts and experiences rise and set. Whether thoughts appear or disappear, your essential nature remains present. It is very natural and almost ordinary, because it is not in thought or in time. It is always now.

      - John Wheeler from The Natural State

      .